Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Dec 22, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #6,046 of 7,990
  Hi

I posed the above question to Hifiheadphones.co.uk where I bought them, and they suggested listening to the IE800 exclusively for some time and then try the Fidue A83's. They said I may find the A83's too much.

Some people say that burn in is as much in the head as in the equipment and the A83's are quite large sounding (Bloated?) with the IE800 are much more detailed and accurate.

I own both and agree with this statement when comparing the two.  I still enjoy the A83 and use them in my rotation.  For comfort I'll take the A83 any day over the IE800 but sound wise there's no contest the IE800 wins hands down.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #6,047 of 7,990
  Hi

I posed the above question to Hifiheadphones.co.uk where I bought them, and they suggested listening to the IE800 exclusively for some time and then try the Fidue A83's. They said I may find the A83's too much.

Some people say that burn in is as much in the head as in the equipment and the A83's are quite large sounding (Bloated?) with the IE800 are much more detailed and accurate.

If haven't done so already do not forget to try the different size tips, makes all the difference in the world and as your supplier recommended, give them some time.

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #6,048 of 7,990
The medium seems the same size as the ones I was using on the A83's and a good fit. I'll just listen to them exclusively over Christmas on the Questyle QP1R and I'm sure I will end up preferring them over the A83's.

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #6,049 of 7,990
i got a chinese iem and with it came a tip that looks like 

http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-Grey-Red-Eartips

and if its that one then i can report that this does not get stuck in the ears at all

and this one they mention it fits ie800

http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-In-ear-Silicone-Eartips

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #6,051 of 7,990
advice, please:

ie800 + oppo ha2 = good combo ?

It's a pretty.great combo, very detailed and tight but bright. The HA-2 doesn't exacerbate the brightness of the ie800 but it doesn't dampen it like Fiio players tend to either. It's a very clean sounding source that compliments the ie800's resolving nature, plenty of power and a solid bass boost.

Dec 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #6,052 of 7,990
  Hi All

I've just got some IE800's to go with my Questyle QP1R DAP. They replace some Fidue A83's.

I'm finding a lot more detail, but the bass after about 15 hours isn't as deep. Do you think there will be an improvement after a lot more use?

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of bass, just not as much as the Fidue's. Maybe they had artificially too much?

Regards

Darren

15 hours is not enough. Need more burn-in.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #6,055 of 7,990
last week i tried AK320 , AK70 , Sony  NW-ZX2 , IPOD touch ,,

AK320 was Nutral to worm ,, small sound stage ,  bass was perfect , nice combo and almost the same as AK380
AK70 was very bright and lack details , didnt test to much , i didnt like it at all , worst combo
Sony  NW-ZX2 was Nutral to bright ,, best sound stage , bass was emphasized a little bit
IPOD touch Nutral ,, very nice sound stage ,bass was perfect, missing details , i liked so much , it was a surprise .

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #6,056 of 7,990
I would presume dac/amp portability is reflected in the price, correct?

If so, what would be the best non-portable dac/amp 300-400$ ?

(or is the Mojo still better than the same price non-portables ones?)

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #6,057 of 7,990
  I would presume dac/amp portability is reflected in the price, correct?

If so, what would be the best non-portable dac/amp 300-400$ ?

(or is the Mojo still better than the same price non-portables ones?)

In my opinion the Mojo is the best in it's price bracket irrespective of desktop or portable size

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #6,058 of 7,990
In my opinion the Mojo is the best in it's price bracket irrespective of desktop or portable size

The ie800 really doesn't need that much power so desktop systems aren't required in my experience. The mojo definitely is outstanding among portable sources, but I think the ha-2 has the best price/performance and the design is more practical than the mojo too. If you want the best, you can't rely go wrong with the mojo though, the sound is really nice and synergy with the ie800 is better than the oppo for my tastes.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #6,059 of 7,990
The ie800 really doesn't need that much power so desktop systems aren't required in my experience. The mojo definitely is outstanding among portable sources, but I think the ha-2 has the best price/performance and the design is more practical than the mojo too. If you want the best, you can't rely go wrong with the mojo though, the sound is really nice and synergy with the ie800 is better than the oppo for my tastes.

Mojo and Ha-2 have about the same price in here... 

Both are a DAC/Amp and both need a transport to work, but they have different sound. Cannot really go wrong with either, but one will prefer one of them above the other, best solution is to test. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #6,060 of 7,990

Mojo and Ha-2 have about the same price in here... 

Both are a DAC/Amp and both need a transport to work, but they have different sound. Cannot really go wrong with either, but one will prefer one of them above the other, best solution is to test. 

I have a sound sample of the Mojo recorded through it's line out to a semi pro ART analogue to digital device. I have volume matched it to a micro iDSD BL Dacamp costing quite a bit more. I have them on my google drive. If anyone wants to listen to the differences PM me and I will send you the link. I recorded 2 files at 44.1. Track 1 was a flac file track 2 a DSD. The differences are there, but you will hopefully see that you really have to concentrate to hear them and you might have to listen over and over again. I have a feeling I can draw a conclusion; the more you listen to something as subtle as a dacamp the more the differences will become noticeable. I think the differences between similarly powered devices aren't anywhere near as obvious as they are with similarly spec'd headphones or iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back