Sennheiser IE80 vs Mee Audio Pinnacle P1
Aug 20, 2016 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

PoorBastard

Head-Fier
Hello,

Could anyone compare these two? I mostly listen to Rock & Downtempo/Trip-Hop. I like when headphones or speakers can accurately play more sounds at the same time and generally I would choose a little bit warmer over a little bit colder sound.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Found this comparison:

Sennheiser IE 80 (Bass Screw fully closed):
The Sennheiser has got the fuller, warmer sound with more root quantity. The Pinnacle P1 has got the better sub-bass extension when the Sennheiser’s screw is closed (opening the screw, the sub-bass extends linearly but the Sennheiser’s bass becomes even muddier and softer with fast music). In the mids, both are about comparably slightly warm. In the treble, the IE 80 is more relaxed overall.
When it comes to detail retrieval, the MEE is ahead, rendering fine detailed with more authority. Especially with more complex and faster music, the Sennheiser collapses to some extent whereas the MEE remains very solid.
In the lows, the Sennheiser is quite slow, spongy and muddy in comparison and lacks some control and aridness with fast bass punches. The Pinnacle P1 has got the much quicker, better controlled bass.
The IE 80’s soundstage is somewhat wider and also deeper and definitely belongs to the most spacious around. The MEE’s is not as large but separates instruments sharper (especially audible with orchestral music where the P1 is better at generating air around and between instruments).

from this review:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/16389

Aug 19, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #3 of 4
Found this comparison:

Sennheiser IE 80 (Bass Screw fully closed):
The Sennheiser has got the fuller, warmer sound with more root quantity. The Pinnacle P1 has got the better sub-bass extension when the Sennheiser’s screw is closed (opening the screw, the sub-bass extends linearly but the Sennheiser’s bass becomes even muddier and softer with fast music). In the mids, both are about comparably slightly warm. In the treble, the IE 80 is more relaxed overall.
When it comes to detail retrieval, the MEE is ahead, rendering fine detailed with more authority. Especially with more complex and faster music, the Sennheiser collapses to some extent whereas the MEE remains very solid.
In the lows, the Sennheiser is quite slow, spongy and muddy in comparison and lacks some control and aridness with fast bass punches. The Pinnacle P1 has got the much quicker, better controlled bass.
The IE 80’s soundstage is somewhat wider and also deeper and definitely belongs to the most spacious around. The MEE’s is not as large but separates instruments sharper (especially audible with orchestral music where the P1 is better at generating air around and between instruments).

from this review:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee...adphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/16389
Thanks from almost a year later! I was debating between the IE80s and the MEE P1s, and thanks to your digging I think I'll go with the P1s!

Aug 19, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks from almost a year later! I was debating between the IE80s and the MEE P1s, and thanks to your digging I think I'll go with the P1s!
Glad it helped, hope you'll enjoy them! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back