*Sennheiser ie80 review*
Oct 16, 2012 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Kylemcg

Head-Fier
My dad bought me the sennheisers ie80 iem for my birthday, which is tomorrow, but he let me open them up a few days ago. When we ordered the headphones, i bought the Fiio e7 with my own money, to make the sound all the better. So i will be reviewing the lows, mids, and highs.

Lows: this is certainly a very strong suit for the ie80, the bass is loud, but not overpowering, tight, articulate, and punchy. But it doesn't become muddy in the least. I also tried it with a song that went down to 5 hz, i cant hear that frequency, but i felt it playing it!

Mids: the mids are also very clear, great detail and speed, im not quite sure how to describe mids, but they are definitely the best i have heard (i have had pxc350, hd598), so they are impressive in this regard.

Highs: Crisp. Thats how i describe it, i can hear symbols being tapped off to my fight, while the drums pound along. The highs are crisp, and there is no sibiland to me.

Overall the sennheiser ie80 are a great Dynamic iem, they have the bass that a basshead would need to enjoy rap/hiphop, but never does the bass bleed into the mids, and for rock, they are out of this world.

This is my first review, and my hi-fi experience is still little, but i look foward to future headphones/amps to review, for anyone that would like yet another review, haha. But i would like the experienced head-fi'ers to let me know what they think of my review, its my first, of hopefully many!

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 8
Good start on your review.  Perhaps in the future include a comparison to something else you have around close to the price range of the headphone in review.  This gives the community a better idea of whether or not you hear improvements over other gear.  As often the case the more expensive gear is not especially better.  There are of course exceptions.

Keep up the good work.

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 8
I sure will! The problem when making this review, is i have not had anything very close to this price range, the next audio equipment i get will be compared to what i just got.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
I just got these for $195 off ebay with a 14 day return policy.   I hope they aren't fakes, cause you make these sound really nice!

At that price I can't see them being genuine. There is a very good thread on this forum about spotting fakes. If they are fakes and the seller honours the returns policy then definitely send them back for a refund.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/609122/anyone-have-tips-on-recognizing-a-fake-ie80/15

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I just got these for $195 off ebay with a 14 day return policy.   I hope they aren't fakes, cause you make these sound really nice!

At that price I can't see them being genuine. There is a very good thread on this forum about spotting fakes. If they are fakes and the seller honours the returns policy then definitely send them back for a refund.

An okay that's why I made sure they had a return policy. Thanks for that link ill definitely make sure their legit before I open them!

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 8

They were fakes :frown: I'm going to return them on Monday. Its funny cause i looked at some of the reviews for this seller and they were like "Great sound quality!" "Really great headphones!" and I was like *facepalm,* people are so easily scammed.

Man and I was really excited to listen to those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back