Sennheiser IE80 + Colorfly C3 (or some Cowon)?
May 7, 2015 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

8oris

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

I own a pair of Sennheiser IE80s and currently am looking for a decent player to go with them. I know Cowons are good and I like them. However, I've just read a comparison between them and Colorfly C3 and C3 came out better regarding the sound (supposedly better soundstage and separation). I've also read that combined with C&C BH amp the C3 gets even better. Price-wise this combo is even cheaper than most Cowons, so that's a win.

Now to the core - I'd love to hear some experience of those who tried C3 with IE80 (or IE8), and possibly also with the added amp. Do IE80s play nicely with C3? One guy wrote that C3 made his IE80s "sound cheaper". Would the amp help in that?

Or, maybe, if you would like to recommend some other player, don't hesitate.  :)

Cheers everyone
Boris

May 7, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/637417/colorfly-c3-discussion-thread/2190#post_10900761

Someone described the pairing of CE & IE80 as Audio Heaven in this thread. I think the C3 has had it's day personally and that's from someone who uses it every day. If you can forgive it's many flaws you'll probably love the sound.

Personally, I love it but I do possess unnatural levels of patience. I just think there's better options out there now.

May 8, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks. Generally, I am able to cope with a lot of oddities as long as I get the desired output, so C3 sounds great to me then. Considering its price, I reckon it's a good starting point in DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back