Sennheiser IE8 vs Westone 3
Mar 12, 2011 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

djbasketball1

100+ Head-Fier
I was just wondering if anyone that has the two could do a head-to-head comparison.

Please keep in mind which of the two would be better for:
-Techno/Trance music
-For physical work
-Isolation

Where can I buy these in Canada?

Also if anyone has these for sale, please PM me.

Thanks,

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 41

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone that has the two could do a head-to-head comparison.

Please keep in mind which of the two would be better for:
-Techno/Trance music
-For physical work
-Isolation

Where can I buy these in Canada?

Also if anyone has these for sale, please PM me.

Thanks,

I owned both and preferred the Westone 3s by a good margin!

Headroom or Earphonesolutions are great places to pick these up.

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 41
I found the IE8s had great sound stage, but the bass was just too much for me. The Westone 3s were very nice and more on the coloured side of things with nice bass (though not intrusive into the mids like the IE8s) and sparkling treble. I found the treble on the IE8s more neutral. But in the end, I still kept the W3s for a much longer time. The bass on the IE8s kinda killed the entire presentation to me.

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 41

Quote:
I found the IE8s had great sound stage, but the bass was just too much for me. The Westone 3s were very nice and more on the coloured side of things with nice bass (though not intrusive into the mids like the IE8s) and sparkling treble. I found the treble on the IE8s more neutral. But in the end, I still kept the W3s for a much longer time. The bass on the IE8s kinda killed the entire presentation to me.

I think it all depends on the kind of music you listen too, i mean fore trance/techno music i think the IE8's would be appropriate.
The IE8's have bass control, did you try changing it around?

What do you think about the IE8's for physical workouts?

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 41

Quote:
I think it all depends on the kind of music you listen too, i mean fore trance/techno music i think the IE8's would be appropriate.
The IE8's have bass control, did you try changing it around?

What do you think about the IE8's for physical workouts?

The fit of the IE8s for me was never ideal and would fall out on the treadmill. I find the Shures actually the best for my ears in that regard.

While I don't listen to trance/techno, still that bass was too much to deal with. YMMV.

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 41

Quote:
 I mean i can get the Ie8's for less money, so i think il go for them

How much less?

BTW, if you're looking for outside noise isolation, the IE8s are among the worst at this. But then again, if you're running outside, the Shures (best IEMs for noise isolation with my ears). can be a bit dangerous as you will not hear that bus coming down on you.
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 41

Quote:
How much less?

BTW, if you're looking for outside noise isolation, the IE8s are among the worst at this. But then again, if you're running outside, the Shures (best IEMs for noise isolation with my ears). can be a bit dangerous as you will not hear that bus coming down on you.
tongue.gif

About 15%. Could I get comply tips for the IE8's?

Honestly I think its more likely you getting jumped then gettting hit by a bus wearing shures...lol

Mar 13, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #10 of 41

Quote:
About 15%. Could I get comply tips for the IE8's?

Honestly I think its more likely you getting jumped then gettting hit by a bus wearing shures...lol

LoL, getting jumped is something I never did think about.
smile.gif

Yes the comply (I think 400) will work with the IE8s.

Mar 14, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #12 of 41
btw isolation on ie8s are horrid

i would just buy the one that cost cheaper i think ie8 is cheaper than westone 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back