Sennheiser ie8 vs EarSonics SM3 vs EarSonics SM2 vs JVC FX700
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #31 of 36

Maybe you had some problems with the FX700, because I found them upgrading any aspect of the IE8 which I have also owned and liked. Or you have not tried the right tips for them. In my opinion the FX700 are one of the most musical IEMs and one of the best universals to date, but with stock tips they sound far from their best.

could be the reason.. i used only stock tips.
but i always insert them deep in my ears when a/b-ing by pressing them in hard, like i did with my sm3.
maybe i couldn't get them angled perfectly to get the sweet spot.

and not by any stretch of my imagination can a fx700 compare with the sm3, even with the best tips..

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:
i owned all three at the same time; i loved my sm3 and ie8, but disliked the fx700... tried hard to like it but couldn't find any redeeming quality about.. definetly overhyped i swear.
happy to be rid of it... especially bad seal that leaks so bad it affects the sound... and the bas is excessive, boomy... i had my brother listen to it... blind test and he preferred tf10, sm3 over it.
i also had a friend test it, and he wasn't impressed (preferred sm3)
fx700 top tier with the likes of sm3?? (utter rubbish imo)

Quote:
Maybe you had some problems with the FX700, because I found them upgrading any aspect of the IE8 which I have also owned and liked. Or you have not tried the right tips for them. In my opinion the FX700 are one of the most musical IEMs and one of the best universals to date, but with stock tips they sound far from their best.

Benjerry, it seems strange to me that you loved the IE8, but hated the FX700 for their excessive, boomy bass. Both of these IEMs have excessive bass, but the FX700's is actually slightly more controlled imo. Probably you've got a lemon, there have been reports of FX700s in the thread, that shipped with moist filters and sounded pretty bad. While I wouldn't rate them better than the IE8 in every aspect, I agree with PCWar that they're extremely fine and musical IEMs.

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #35 of 36
I owned both TF10,sm3 and fx-700.... after 2 months i sold without hesitation the sm3 and the TF10..... i dont missed them at all......i am in love with the fx-700....no more comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back