Sennheiser IE8 Right Earphone Chewed On. Don't know what to do.
Apr 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

venalitious

Head-Fier
So this is my second pair of IE8's (Payed $200 for both of them.). And I was sleeping with this in, and woke up and my dog had taken it out of my ear and chewed on the right one. Just enough so that the little filter piece broke off, and a little bit more. They still work perfectly fine except for the fact that the right one cannot have any tips be put on it, since it is a little mangled up.
And I was wondering if there was some fix for it. Or if I could sell them, as I am not spending another 200 dollars to get them repaired or get a refurbed pair as that is just ludicrous.
Is there some kind of tip that is sort of meant for broken pieces so that I could still use them? Or am I just screwed?

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 5
Sell the dog. lol Just kidding.

So they are not under warranty anymore?

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Sell the dog. lol Just kidding.

So they are not under warranty anymore?

Nah, I could never sell her. Even though she has chewed up lots of my things.
They are under warranty, but they still want me to pay the 200 dollars for whatever reason.
I don't know what I could tell them to get a free repair though (Where as with an Xbox 360 just call them up say you have the red ring of death and you get a free repair lol)

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #4 of 5
just be straight with them, tell them the speaker blew and must have exploded because the earphone is destroyed, tell them it happened inside your ear and if they refuse a replacement you may be forced to sue lol.

no but seriously just be honest and tell them any kind of help would be appreciated if you happen to mail somebody having a damn good day it could go well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back