Sennheiser IE8 losing sound in right channel
Mar 30, 2011 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

queuewindow

New Head-Fier
Like the title says, my IE8s are losing sound in the right channel. In fact, it's barely audible anymore. For logistical reasons I can't really send them to a workshop, so I'm checking to see if anyone's had this problem before. I have a feeling it might be a problem with the cable, but I can't be sure. Anyone?

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 25
Check out the jack; mine sometimes lost sound in a channel too, some fiddling and it came back, and there were more people complaining about; eventually I bought a new cable.

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 25
So, after some searching here and reading about people with a similar problem, it seems replacing the cable is the way to go. The thing is, I can't find a single store online that stocks IE8 replacement cables and ships internationally. Is it possible to get it directly from Sennheiser?

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 25

Quote:
Taking advantage of the warranty period requires me to have registered my headphones with Sennheiser though doesn't it? I never did that when I got them

nope, you just need your original receipt; but make sure its from an authorized dealer (IE: JR, Best Buy, amazon; not ebay, or a seller on amazon that sells items from their home)

If nothing else is wrong with your pair, see if they can just send you another cable, otherwise you may be without your headphones for quite some time

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 25
I'm not sure exactly how to go about this seeing as I live in the UAE and had ordered my IE8s from Earphone Solutions. I don't recall them ever sending me a physical receipt either. What would you recommend I do aleki?

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #10 of 25
Earphone Solutions should atleast be able to hook you up with your receipt; they should be able to look you up through adress or anything you gave them. I'm sure they keep records for several years.
As for Sennheiser, they have a location in Dubai. here's a link from their website. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. At the worst of it, you'll just have to buy another cable, although I've heard they are like $20 USD.

good luck mate.

Apr 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #11 of 25
I've already called Sennheiser here, I was told they can't help me as they only service full sized headphones. Anyway, I'll contact Earphone Solutions and see what's up. Thanks for the help.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #14 of 25
Sorry, I just looked myself again and you are correct. I can't imagine that Sennheiser wouldn't help you with a cable, though, especially because it is detachable. What happened when you called them? If they say they can not help you, I would keep calling back and escalate the issue to someone else that is willing to help you. In terms of servicing full-sized headphones only, I sent my IE8's in for repair and they sent me new ones, albeit for $199. They should be able to send you the cable for free or for a reasonable price.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #15 of 25
david, I don't live in the US. When I said I called them I was referring to Sennheiser's Dubai office. I was told on the phone that they only service full-sized headphones but to bring mine in in case they can do something for them. It turns out they couldn't, and they offered to ship them overseas for maintenance but I'm not going to send them away for god knows how long when the fix is so simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back