Sennheiser IE7 vs Brainwavz M2
Dec 17, 2011 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MonkeMajik

New Head-Fier
Hey crew ... new kid on the block here, wondering if anyone can help with some experienced opinions about these 2.

I need to get a quality set of puppies before Christmas, as my old Sennheiser CX300 died and I'm tweaking without any phones. 
 Im keen for a decent upgrade, as the CX300's kinda sucked ... and of all the research I've done, and the current availability options here in Australia - my choices have come down to the IE7 & the M2.... after reading hundreds of reviews of many different IEM's.
I travel alot, so i need a strong set that will last ... and I'm very attracted to a non tangle chord - without sound compromise. Decent ear seal is also important for travelling. 

The durability and non tangle wire on the M2 is attractive, alongside the well rounded sound and solid base (from most reports) 
But my question is -  if there is a big difference between the quality of these 2 - that would warrant spending an extra $100 for the IE7.
Im totally into quality sound ... so I'm prepared to fork over the cash - if it's going to be worth it. Otherwise i would probably just try the M2's - as they get pretty solid reviews.

Cant say I'm an overly avid audio head ... but love my music. My taste varies alot, bit of an all rounder ... from Heavy Metal, to classical ... and everything in-between. Bit of trance ... like a good base hit when needed... 

SO I'm hoping someone with experience can help me out with some user friendly advice.
Eagerly awaiting ... 
Cheers in advance.

edit: I would also consider the M3's, and the GR07's as another option - if anyone has experience of these in comparison, would be great to hear ur experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back