Sennheiser IE7 (missing cleaning tool and case)
Jun 9, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #16 of 29
Sounds like the seller got ripped off by someone else on Head-Fi. If it is an honest mistake, fine, but I do believe we need an explanation from the original seller.

Still want to see macro pictures of the alleged fake IE 7.

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #17 of 29
Ill get some pics of my IE7 now, I think I bought it from the same seller on ebay (link is on first page).

edit: NVM, my camera is out of battery, and my iPhone probably won't get anything worthwile
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing I did notice is that above the second 'R' on http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3262/...0512e949_b.jpg the little black dot isn't there on mine.

Also, the first 'R' (the white one) is very very slightly covered by the main casing of the IE7.

Jun 10, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #18 of 29
Sorry to say, but every who bought from this guy got ripped off.

I alerted eBay of this guy and they chose to let him continue to sell his knockoffs.

Everyone who got taken with this crap should complain to eBay. I told them people were going to get ripped off and they ignored my warning.

I did however post a warning on here, I guess you guys missed it. I warned that this guy was selling them without the case and cleaner and that they were fakes.

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #20 of 29
If the seller knew it was a fake and tried to pass it off to the OP as genuine I think we (or at least the mods) deserve to know the identity of the handler.

The OP did say that his/her's came with real box and accessories.

As for the ebay one, the lack of carrying case is a definite give away. I guess we all now know why Sennheiser decided to include an over-engineered case - nobody would bother copying it!

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #21 of 29
There are a few on there, but this guy in particular was 'checkeredheart'.

I bought them and we were in correspondence. He mentioned that he "checked the box" and the case and cleaner was missing. That was an immediate red flag since if they're brand new, unopened, then they should included EVERYTHING. I said no way, I don't want it.

He promptly issued a refund and said he was going to "talk to his supplier"... which is obviously BS since he re-listed it right away and even posted another sale with 'more than 10 available'.

Jun 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #22 of 29
I recieved a refund from yer man today, plus i notice he has pulled the items from E-bay.

Like i said, i'm not the only one victim here.
So i'm delighted with chequered heart, i couldnt ask much more TBH.

Once burn twice shy. i'm going to be very wary of anything from E-bay from know on......

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #23 of 29
UPDATE:

I picked up a pair of Kosher IE7's at the airport.
The differences once you see the two together are easy to spot (although they are still goog copies)

Differences i saw:

Box fake (hence no Steel carriers)
Plugs fake (hence no foamies)
no cleaning tool
Jackplug and split not transparant plastic
Cable light grey (should be dark)
Cable to thin
Sounds awfull

If you have bought any IE earphones on Ebay, go to a proper shop and check they are real.

SP

Jun 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #24 of 29
hi, i just wanted to have a chance to explain myself. a couple of weeks ago i bought 5 headphones at wholesale prices, i was assured that they were 100% genuine and i had no reason not to belive this supplier. when i got them i was still sure they were real, they really do look it. now people are saying there fake and after reading this post, i can't really argue. i am sorry for selling these to you and i will refund aljay and i've already refunded superpiper. now that you know my situation aljay, it would be very noble of you too not leave me negative feedback. i have removed all my listings now, and im gonna have to attempt to get a refund from my supplier.
but i am genuinely sorry and i don't want you too think i am some scam artist, im just a student trying to make some easy money

thanks, and sorry to the people i sold too.

Dennis
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #25 of 29
Aug 3, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #26 of 29
Hey - i have to thank you guys. I bought a pair of IE&'s last night from a guy in ebay Spain. The guy has good feedback (but only registered for a month), but the auction listed said they were a distributor sample so no accessories (clip/carry box/only 3 pair's of headphones).
I paid last night, but found your thread this morning so contact the guy and told hi I suspect they're fake. He issued a refund without question and claimed they receive the headphones from his distributor and has no reason to suspect they're fake, but will investigate. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't know (I can't prove they're not genuine, and I got a full refund).

This is the link see what you think:
Auriculares Sennheiser IE7 IN-EAR | NO BOSE IPHONE IPOD en venta en eBay.es (finaliza el 02-ago-09 19:04:52 H.Esp)

Thanks again!

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #27 of 29
So I found this guy who is selling a pair on AMAZON.COM the item says this

Comments: Not used. But without package. Only the earphones and two extra pairs of earphone tips. 100% original. Please click our logo to see other high end earphones.

Do you think they are authentic? I wrote him a email and he said that all the items that he sells are authentic..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back