Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
May 17, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #661 of 817

Quote:

It was kind of bloated right out of the box but,now, It's got tighten up albeit I'm in <10hr usage. So, I'm expecting more from this little bugger.

What ie7 impress me most is that, vocal is really astounding. Coming from fx500, I could spot the improvement clearly;For instance, in "No Diggity", I could hear the guy puffing out air. So unreal. I was kind of hesitated when I first thought about buying it instead of fx500 because of what people was saying about treble and sound signature, being not so fun to listen to compare to fx500. Few days after I've received it, I got epiphany of what mark(head-fier) was telling me about - sound signature being warm and be able to enjoy for long hour. I can't explain why but fx500 got my ears fatigue easily although I set my ipod volume to half. I couldn't use it for more than one hour. But, with ie7, I'm wanting it more. I find myself craving for music like never before. I think my ears are in heaven
dt880smile.png

I felt the same way when i first got the Ie7s they are very musical but not in a fatiguing way. Maybe its the lack of the piercing highs. But i find myself having really long listening sessions too with them. When i first got them i pretty much listened to all my favourites over again. One thing i have found out in this hobby is that different cans make for different presentations of my music. Which overall leads me to finding more and more things that i like in my music. I.E. I use my grados when i am in the mood for a guitar solo and i use my alo-780s when i wanna feel the drums.

May 24, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #662 of 817
I will not exaggerate this too much, but I'm in love with this tiny little things. At first I had some seal issues, but after figuring out not trying to show them is as with the SE310's, they are amazing.
Very tiny spatial differences are presented, and the position of musicians and vocalists are easy to notice.
As I've read, there are a break in period that have only started, but, so far so good!

Lasse

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #663 of 817
hi everyone, im trying to decide between either the IE7 or the TF10 if you've heard both can you please give a head to head comparison, btw i listen to all kinds of music if that affects anything thanks in advance
dt880smile.png

Jun 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #664 of 817
IE7 is much more relaxed and easier to listen to for a longer period of time.  The detail is there if you choose to listen for it but it won't make everything overly obvious.  Every genre I've listened to on them has sounded very real and neutral.

The TF10 has very very clear and sparkly highs, so much that its annoying to me for some songs.  You can't avoid the analytical sound of these earphones.  I found it very hard to lie/sit down and listen to songs and just relax and enjoy them.  They don't have that "smoothness" that sennheiser does with their products.  Also, the bass will not be very prominent unless the track is recorded and mixed with a ton of bass.

Overall, I found the IE7 much more comfortable (light and flush with ear), fun to listen to, and  stylish.  IE7 cable is also far superior. 

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #666 of 817

Quote:
IE7 is much more relaxed and easier to listen to for a longer period of time.  The detail is there if you choose to listen for it but it won't make everything overly obvious.  Every genre I've listened to on them has sounded very real and neutral.

The TF10 has very very clear and sparkly highs, so much that its annoying to me for some songs.  You can't avoid the analytical sound of these earphones.  I found it very hard to lie/sit down and listen to songs and just relax and enjoy them.  They don't have that "smoothness" that sennheiser does with their products.  Also, the bass will not be very prominent unless the track is recorded and mixed with a ton of bass.

Overall, I found the IE7 much more comfortable (light and flush with ear), fun to listen to, and  stylish.  IE7 cable is also far superior. 

I agree with what you said about IE7. It's relaxing to listen to rather than screaming for attention like other phones - fx500. I rather enjoyed listening to its prominent mid which is very much alive - breathing etc. Soundstage is pretty good too.And comfort is top-notch. That said, I decided it to return it for fx700,which is said to have mid as close to that of ie7(but, to my ears, ie7 still does pretty much better) that fx500 lacks, as I couldn't help but miss deep hard-hitting bass and detailed high. Although these qualities are antithesis of relaxing sound nature(translates to longer hour listening without being fatigue), I opted to sacrificed it for those I wanted. If I have extra funds to spare, I'd definitely keep ie7 as an alternative.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #667 of 817
Very, very good IEMs.

Soundstage is incredible. It doesn't feel like I'm listening to IEMs sometimes, but like the music is coming from all around me. Bass is just right, treble and mids are detailed enough to more than warrant the price I paid for these (135 euros). Best IEMs I've had, and probably the more expensive I'll ever get.
Very comfortable too and that box was just drool worthy.. :D

Oh yeah... well built, and no microphonics! That cable is just great.

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #669 of 817
hi guys! im auditioning ie7 next week. i want to be sure i'm getting the real thing. they're priced around $220 converted(i'm from the philippines, but seller says he's sourcing the senns from singapore). can anyone please post pics of the real thing? is there any specific part/accessory i should be looking at? thanks!

Jul 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #670 of 817

Quote:
if anyone has heard the hd 238 how does their sound compare to the ie7

The HD238 sounds "slow" and laid-back compared to the IE7. The midrange of the IE7 is forward and engaging, plus more detail is apparent.

Quote:
hi guys! im auditioning ie7 next week. i want to be sure i'm getting the real thing. they're priced around $220 converted(i'm from the philippines, but seller says he's sourcing the senns from singapore). can anyone please post pics of the real thing? is there any specific part/accessory i should be looking at? thanks!

If that seller is Leo aka dranoel4190/meiroque, you can put your worries to rest - he sells legit Senns, I got my IE8 from him before.

Jul 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #671 of 817
Is the IE7 fake problem still out and about? or are retailers selling the real deal? I ask because im looking at buying a pair for 175 from amazon however it is through Z electria.  I've heard some stories about them and would like some reassurance.

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #672 of 817
what do you think about this ones? They pretend to be original, can this price be ok? The pictures look like legit ones. Has anyone bought from there?
http://www.ioffer.com/i/original-sennheiser-ie-7-in-ear-monitor-headphones-154406617

Aug 2, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #673 of 817

Quote:
what do you think about this ones? They pretend to be original, can this price be ok? The pictures look like legit ones. Has anyone bought from there?
http://www.ioffer.com/i/original-sennheiser-ie-7-in-ear-monitor-headphones-154406617

I do not think it is genuine. It is too cheap.... Actually, I do not buy any earphones which are dispatched from China. And no one on his/her space ask the seller about whether it is genuine or not. I think It is too risky to buy it there 
blink.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #674 of 817
If you're looking down the page he sad that this one is genuine and that he has a copy of it much cheaper. Also all the elements in the picture are the same as the real one. Please take you're time and look at the pictures and tell me if you see something wrong. I don't have the real ones but looking on pictures from the forum they look real.

Aug 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #675 of 817
What genres are the ie7 best suited for? i listen mainly to classical and soundtracks with some trance thrown in randomly, will the ie7 portray trance energy well? 

Thanks for the help
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back