Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
May 6, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #646 of 817

Quote:
the link in sig should now be updated

just dont try to put the 7 in deep, once you get used to its fit and burn it in its great

Mark, while the site was being upgraded, I was poking around on Shure's site and I saw a great demo on how to achieve a proper seal ( pull your ear back and away from your head with one hand and seat the earphone with the other, that opens up the canal ) and that made a world of difference.. They now sound like they should, fantastic.  I'm still anxious to receive the other tips to see if they are more comfy, but right now I'm happy.  I'm glad I didn't give up on them.

May 6, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #648 of 817
I am glad that you Joey Russo think so, as i just upgraded from the S4s to the IE7s and i think that they are a world apart. I much prefer the IE7 to the s4. They are much more musical and detailed. Many say that the highs are missing that sparkle and though i agree with them in part i think i prefer the sound sig. Well maybe after coming from the highs of the S4s i just welcome the taming.

These IEMs sound much more like an open can while my s4s were like the ultimate closed can. The only thing i miss is the isolation of the S4s but i am more than making do with IE7

May 6, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #649 of 817

Quote:
I am glad that you Joey Russo think so, as i just upgraded from the S4s to the IE7s and i think that they are a world apart. I much prefer the IE7 to the s4. They are much more musical and detailed. Many say that the highs are missing that sparkle and though i agree with them in part i think i prefer the sound sig. Well maybe after coming from the highs of the S4s i just welcome the taming.

These IEMs sound much more like an open can while my s4s were like the ultimate closed can. The only thing i miss is the isolation of the S4s but i am more than making do with IE7

I agree, they are more detailed for sure (the mids are present). I would like a little more sparkle, but really, they do everything well.  I do miss the isolation and that intimate feeling of my S4's.  The more I listen, the more I like these.  I bought mine used so they were already burned in, so it was instant gratification for me.  Time will tell if the basshead in me will be satisfied with the IE7's or if I'll be lured away by the tempting Westone W-3's.

May 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #650 of 817
lol I suppose you still have yet to visit those chinese retailer sites selling ie7 for like 60 bucks. I've ordered mine from bh for $175 solely because it is an authorized dealer of Sen despite the fact that amazon marketplace is selling it at $125. I don't trust the latter at all. 

Quote:
aren't the ie7 better than the ie8?    at least there aren't any fake ie7!!!!!!!!!

May 10, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #652 of 817

Quote:

I agree, they are more detailed for sure (the mids are present). I would like a little more sparkle, but really, they do everything well.  I do miss the isolation and that intimate feeling of my S4's.  The more I listen, the more I like these.  I bought mine used so they were already burned in, so it was instant gratification for me.  Time will tell if the basshead in me will be satisfied with the IE7's or if I'll be lured away by the tempting Westone W-3's.

Just got mine today and I don't find isolation weak. I think it's even better than my ex(fx500
ksc75smile.gif
).

I have one question for ie7 owners though. Do you find earhook to be of bad quality?I've bought mine from BH, which is authorize seller bty, and, earhooks are flimsy. I don't think mine is fake though;not only because of I bought it from authorize sellers but also it doesn't have traits that of fake one - opaque jack cover/splitter.

May 10, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #656 of 817
yea, the earhooks for the IE7 are garbage...  Kinda weird, woulda thought Senn would have given something better or improved it by now.  Maybe we should give them some feedback, lol

I use the Audeo silicone ear guides as well.  They are amazing.

May 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #657 of 817

Quote:
yea, the earhooks for the IE7 are garbage...  Kinda weird, woulda thought Senn would have given something better or improved it by now.  Maybe we should give them some feedback, lol

I use the Audeo silicone ear guides as well.  They are amazing.

I don't get it either. They are selling it for MSRP$299 and that's the quality customers get for their money?Ya they are just earhooks but it isn't trivial anymore when IEM itself designed to be worn that way; Not to mention, the case, it comes with, doesn't even have a room for those.

Aside from that, I find IE7 quite bassy right out of box. Even a tad a bit more than fx500 may be. Does anyone here share this sentiments?

May 11, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #659 of 817
I agree i think that the IE7s are very bassy. But the bass is very detailed and well defined. I prefer to just the muddier bass of my s4s.

May 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #660 of 817

Quote:
I agree i think that the IE7s are very bassy. But the bass is very detailed and well defined. I prefer to just the muddier bass of my s4s.

It was kind of bloated right out of the box but,now, It's got tighten up albeit I'm in <10hr usage. So, I'm expecting more from this little bugger.

What ie7 impress me most is that, vocal is really astounding. Coming from fx500, I could spot the improvement clearly;For instance, in "No Diggity", I could hear the guy puffing out air. So unreal. I was kind of hesitated when I first thought about buying it instead of fx500 because of what people was saying about treble and sound signature, being not so fun to listen to compare to fx500. Few days after I've received it, I got epiphany of what mark(head-fier) was telling me about - sound signature being warm and be able to enjoy for long hour. I can't explain why but fx500 got my ears fatigue easily although I set my ipod volume to half. I couldn't use it for more than one hour. But, with ie7, I'm wanting it more. I find myself craving for music like never before. I think my ears are in heaven
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back