Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Aug 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #512 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gjberke
Ur sure they arent fakes? i bought mine for 200 pounds..

Holy dooley! My IE8s only cost me AU$420 (most Australian sellers claim that their RRP is much more than this), about double 200 quid. Mum always said that consumer electronics in the UK are incredibly dear.

Sep 5, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #513 of 817
Just wanted to join this review.

My first pair of earphones were the Dre tour beats. The sound was great but the fitting was not.

Putting these ie7, I could immediately feel the great comfort level. At first it seems both the ie7 and the dre tour beats are on the same level of sound quality. But I think after I burn these ie7 more, they will surpass the sound of the dre tour beats.

the earphones also como with separate ear clips...does anyone know if these ear clips are to be used all the time or how much time should they be worn?

Sep 5, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #514 of 817
I'm a fan of my Grado SR-60's. How would I go with the IE7's? I've been looking at them for ages, but I've put them off numerous times because of the price.

-CaptHowie

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #515 of 817
Newegg was offering those babies at $150 a few month ago. But nothing really happen to the price after that. eBay sometimes offer good price. As long as the seller is not from china it should be ok

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #516 of 817
Hello! I'm a newcomer, who got intrested in head-fi after buying a pair of IE7s. I would like to inform, that I hereby announce IE7+Comply T400 a classic example of sound fail - soundstage does not exist, bass is gone - everything compared to stock Senn Foamies L. The Comply are surely more comfortable than the aforementioned foams, but the SQ is totally unacceptable. Is there any possibility that I'm doing something wrong?

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #517 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beh0lder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello! I'm a newcomer, who got intrested in head-fi after buying a pair of IE7s. I would like to inform, that I hereby announce IE7+Comply T400 a classic example of sound fail - soundstage does not exist, bass is gone - everything compared to stock Senn Foamies L. The Comply are surely more comfortable than the aforementioned foams, but the SQ is totally unacceptable. Is there any possibility that I'm doing something wrong?

When bass goes away it's usually due to a lack of a good seal. The IE7's don't go deep into the ear canal, so when the foam expands, it's not making a tight seal. I never liked comply foam with the IE7 either. It doesn't sound as clear and as detailed when compared to other tips.

What I have done and works very well for me is to decore the comply t400, invert a pair of shure black softflex sleeves (from E2C), put the decored T400 on the exposed stem of the soft flex sleeve, and put the sleeve back to normal. It should look something like this:
=(( - inverted =)) - normal

I get a good seal, improved isolation, and I am very impressed with the sound.

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #518 of 817
I have to admit that choosing the right tip was difficult for me: the singles have the best clarity and soundstage, doubles have better isolation (and bass) but less soundstage, and the foams are the most comfortable, have soundstage of something between singles and doubles, the bass is great. And that's why I tried Comply's - I wanted to find something with the punch of foams and the soundstage of a single-flange. Too bad I found nothing, and those Comply's are hilariously delicate - one of them barely survived the testing stage...

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #519 of 817
You can also try to decore the T400 and Shure black foam tips. Take the stem of the T400 and insert it into the Shure foam pieces. I used a bit of epoxy to bond the stem to the Shure foam. To me, it also works very well the IE7. Much more durable and sounds alot better than Comply tips.

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #520 of 817
Hmm, that might do the job. I'll get Shure's foams asap and try your method. Thanks!

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #521 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When bass goes away it's usually due to a lack of a good seal. The IE7's don't go deep into the ear canal, so when the foam expands, it's not making a tight seal. I never liked comply foam with the IE7 either. It doesn't sound as clear and as detailed when compared to other tips.

What I have done and works very well for me is to decore the comply t400, invert a pair of shure black softflex sleeves (from E2C), put the decored T400 on the exposed stem of the soft flex sleeve, and put the sleeve back to normal. It should look something like this:
=(( - inverted =)) - normal

I get a good seal, improved isolation, and I am very impressed with the sound.

My situation is nearly identical to that of Beholder's. The only difference between us is that I own a pair of IE6.
In my case, after putting the comply foams on, the soundstage is also worse and much less enjoyable than before, but bass actually gets so dense (for a lack of better word) and distorted I can't stand listening to it for more than a few minutes. It's perfectly balanced on the standard silicon tips Sennheiser provided. Can anyone explain this to me?

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #522 of 817
I need some help. The IEMs i got with my Walkman died(Sony MDR40s i think) and i'm looking to replace them with something better. I'm stuck between the IE6 and IE7 and would like some opinions from poeple that have used either, or preferably both. I listen to lots of "bass heavy" metal music( doom metal, post-core etc), but also various other stuff from acoustic pop to electronic music. I'd like good soundstage and separation coupled with strong but tight bass. How do these 2 compare to each other?

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #523 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disharmonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I need some help. The IEMs i got with my Walkman died(Sony MDR40s i think) and i'm looking to replace them with something better. I'm stuck between the IE6 and IE7 and would like some opinions from poeple that have used either, or preferably both. I listen to lots of "bass heavy" metal music( doom metal, post-core etc), but also various other stuff from acoustic pop to electronic music. I'd like good soundstage and separation coupled with strong but tight bass. How do these 2 compare to each other?

IE6 will be extremely bass heavy. It looks like what you want is present, tight bass and better soundstage, which would be the IE7s.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #524 of 817
IE8 has really good bass impact with wide soundstage and great instrument separation. Quote:

Originally Posted by Disharmonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #525 of 817
I've heard both (I own the IE7's and heard the 6) and it all depends on how much money are you willing to spend. The 6 were already full of sound, bass and detail, but the 7 cost only a little bit more so I chose them. And tbh the 7's do their job a little bit better than the 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back