Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
May 6, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #211 of 817
And concerning your comment you said "compared to the PFE (unamped)", that does mean that amped they'd be what I'm looking for?
Because I'd mostly be using them amped( whether it's ie7 or pfe).

May 6, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #212 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not exactly sure why people are referring to these as Sonys, but here is a link to listings selling the generic eBay double flange tips that mark2410 et al. recommend:

double flange tips, Electronics items on eBay.com

probably becasue they say they are for sonys, but i agree its confusing as it makes them sound like they are made by sony.

thats why i always refer to them as the ebay bi-flange tips

May 6, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #213 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably becasue they say they are for sonys, but i agree its confusing as it makes them sound like they are made by sony.

thats why i always refer to them as the ebay bi-flange tips

That's what I prefer to call them as well.

Anyway, I have to thank you and everybody else who suggested these. They're great with my CX550, and they make the C351 and even the CX300 sound much clearer. Who knew something so inexpensive could be so good? Apparently someone did!
icon10.gif

May 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #214 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazz9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And concerning your comment you said "compared to the PFE (unamped)", that does mean that amped they'd be what I'm looking for?
Because I'd mostly be using them amped( whether it's ie7 or pfe).

What kind of amp are you going to be using? I hear something like a T4 will do wonders for the PFE. So I mean, if you are comfortable carrying an amp (unlike me
wink.gif
), then by all means the PFE will perform very well.

From what I've read, the IE7s don't really respond as much as far as amping goes. My theory behind that is that they are already SO efficient and effective just coming from the source, so the only reason for an amp would be for a volume boost or a "boomy" bass boost, or even to cut static from your source (if you have static).

May 7, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #215 of 817
I'm going to be joining Team Sennheiser soon! Just ordered a pair for $190.

May 7, 2009 at 7:32 AM Post #217 of 817
I'm pretty much fully burned in now. I find that if I'm stationary with these the seal is decent but when moving the seal is really bad for my left ear because it seems they tips "don't go in deep enough"
smily_headphones1.gif

I just ordered an eBay set of double flanges. Ahh, how I looove waiting for stuff to come from the other side of the world!

May 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM Post #219 of 817
The comfort is awesome with the ebay double flangles!
biggrin.gif
But the only thing I actually don't like about the IE7 is the over the ear fit
smily_headphones1.gif
They will stay in place but it irritates me a bit
tongue.gif

May 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #220 of 817
Only 1 week in but - "in everyday and in every way " these things get better and better !

Only using the large single flange stock tips at the moment my have to try out the sony doubles or the comply's .

I think the "Vents" on the top give them a nice open can sound, but also lets in outside ambient noise.

May 7, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #222 of 817
Ha - guess I'll just sit and wait on further reviews of those biflanges

Picked the IE7s over the PFEs I had in (no bass...) - but they are just a little too warm/lacking treble (vs PFE), sounds like the biflanges might be perfect.

Should probably stop procrastinating those papers/finals now heh

May 8, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #225 of 817
Take a look at this guys. Unfortunately, the silver plating on my IE7 headphone jack is "chipping" off, revealing the bronze-like material underneath. I AM SO SAD. I've contacted Sennheiser who has agreed to replace them but planning on asking them if I can upgrade to the IE8 (paying the difference of course) because I can't afford to risk this happening again. I don't know what went wrong. I've used these with the same sources I've used with my other headphones/IEMs no problem, yet this are continuing to chip with further use. ARG.
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif
angry_face.gif

The mp3 player on my cell phone automatically goes to speaker mode if it thinks I've pulled my headphones out and once in a while, this happens with my IE7 even though the plug remains in. I think the part that chipped off codes for the left channel. I really hope Sennheiser Canada lets me upgrade...sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back