Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Jan 11, 2021 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 738
Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Sennheiser's latest audiophile IEM -- the Sennheiser IE 300 -- is a very strong performer at a reasonable price. With a new and very interesting, innovative acoustic resonator design, Sennheiser was able to refine the IE300's treble response. They also opted to move the IE 300 more firmly into a reference tuning, and did so effectively.

In this video, we take a close look at (and inside) the Sennheiser IE 300, and also show several measurements worth discussing.

Click on the following link for more information about the Brüel & Kjær 5128 hearing simulator mentioned in the video: Brüel & Kjær 5128

Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla​

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 738
I'm actually really curious to hear these. To me, there's just something special about a well-tuned 1DD IEM.

But I just bought the Fiio FD5 (still in transit), so that should keep me happy for a while.

But the IE 300 will now probably be next on my list!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 738
I have the IE400 and it's an absolute testament to Sennheisers technical prowess. One of the few transducers to impress a jaded audiophile like me and probably the second most impressive item in my Sennheiser collection after the HD800.

The IE400 will absolutely make a fool out of many multi driver IEMs with its single driver and demonstrates how well tuned a single dynamic driver can be.

If the IE300 can deliver 75% of the performance at its price, it will be the leader in its price class and possibly a few rungs higher up.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #11 of 738
The IE400 will absolutely make a fool out of many multi driver IEMs with its single driver and demonstrates how well tuned a single dynamic driver can be.

If the IE300 can deliver 75% of the performance at its price, it will be the leader in its price class and possibly a few rungs higher up.
In the video, Jude said that they were pretty close but that he actually preferred the tuning of the IE 300 over the IE 400 Pro.

Also, I love that the 7mm XWB driver is Sennheiser's own proprietary design and that they are made in Germany. :flag_de::hotdog:

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #14 of 738
In the video, Jude said that they were pretty close but that he actually preferred the tuning of the IE 300 over the IE 400 Pro.

Also, I love that the 7mm XWB driver is Sennheiser's own proprietary design and that they are made in Germany. :flag_de::hotdog:

That might be personal preference but I assure you that I am really excited to compare these.

The7mm XWB is a testament to good old fashioned engineering chops with minimal compromise.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #15 of 738
Consider me intrigued. I like that response curve. And the MTW2 is pretty fantastic. 16 ohms but no word on sensitivity yet....

Impedances 16 Ω.

Transducer principle Single Dynamic Driver, Pressure Chamber.

Weight w/o cable 4 g.

Sound pressure level (SPL) 124 dB (1 kHz / 1 Vrms).

Ear coupling In-Ear.

Cable length 125 cm.

Frequency response 6 Hz - 20 kHz.

THD, total harmonic distortion < 0,08 % (1 kHz, 94 dB SPL) .

If the IE400 is anything to go by, these will be plenty loud and clear from a phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back