Sennheiser IE 40 Pro worth it ?
Jul 18, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #16 of 22
This is a really great iem. The imaging is superb, they sound huge. Very clean background. It beats all other dynamic driver iem I have at home: eph100, se215, ie80, titan1. With the Nuforce edc3 is a nice match. They are almost on the same level, but I'll give the ie40 a small edge for now.
The only real cons is the uneven treble response. It has a dip somewhere in the upper mids and it's slightly brighter up on top. I want to see if after a massive break in (300 hours) it will get better.
Easily a 500$ iem if was not the treble uneveness.
Sennheiser really has developed a new gen dynamic driver!

How is the size vs. the Titan 1? titan 1 was pretty airy with some nice room though the treble might have needed some work.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #17 of 22
How is the size vs. the Titan 1? titan 1 was pretty airy with some nice room though the treble might have needed some work.

Titan 1 it’s like a semi open iem. Not much isolation and a lot of leakage.
Soundstage is pretty big. It has more air than the ie40, on the flipside the sound is thinner. Treble on the titan 1 is a bit problematic to my ears (too much)
Ie40 sounds has more body. Bass has more punch and slam and the treble is smoother. Both very detailed iem. I prefer the ie40.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 22
Thanks! Trying to gauge. Huge soundstage that I read a couple of times means what?? Smaller than the Titan 1 is big to me but isn't huge. So, now I have more of an idea.

Jul 20, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 22
Titan 1 has more air due to the fact that is semi open. It,s like when you compare a semi open design to a closed one. Open or semi open design have a better sense of space.

Soundstage wise they are both very good and they have the same sort of wide Soundstage. I need to compare them side by side when I have time. Anyway based on memory, ie80, ie40 and titan 1 are the iems I own with a wide stage.

Ie40 is a beast of iem. It sounds better than the previos flagship ie80 for a 1/5 of the price.
Sennheiser has developed some monster driver!

Nov 17, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 22
From all the in ears that i have tried i think the ie 40 pro is probably the best you can find new for $99.. They are by far my favorite for on stage monitors while playing drums. I have owned a lot of in ears ( se215 - se315 - klipsch r6ii - momentum - ath-im50 - ath-ls70is - ath-ls200is - 1more triple driver - klipch x20i - westone um2rc - jabra 65t - thats all i can remember. I have some Klipsch x12 neckband in ears coming today . they are on amazon renewed for $59. I think they should be great.. But anyways the ie40 pro is the best in ear i've had for close to that price. They are pretty close to the LS200is The sennheiser has a little less clarity but has a little more low end response and they fit better.

Nov 17, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #22 of 22
From all the in ears that i have tried i think the ie 40 pro is probably the best you can find new for $99.. They are by far my favorite for on stage monitors while playing drums. I have owned a lot of in ears ( se215 - se315 - klipsch r6ii - momentum - ath-im50 - ath-ls70is - ath-ls200is - 1more triple driver - klipch x20i - westone um2rc - jabra 65t - thats all i can remember. I have some Klipsch x12 neckband in ears coming today . they are on amazon renewed for $59. I think they should be great.. But anyways the ie40 pro is the best in ear i've had for close to that price. They are pretty close to the LS200is The sennheiser has a little less clarity but has a little more low end response and they fit better.
I prefer them over the $600 IE500 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back