Sennheiser history with images?
Sep 9, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #17 of 31
Here's one Chinese or Japanese website, i came across it while browsing through the HD540 thread, with pictures and data and such:
http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/sennheiser/sennheiserindex.html
Nice one - much appreciated.
I think it's Japanese (Google translate reckons that anyway), and I'm now convinced I had the cheaper 420s and not the 430s; I also reckon I had a knock-off version of the 414s in the late 70s (probably from 'Woolies' when I was at school) - can't see me affording them given my rough calculations.

Jul 27, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 31
Sorry to revive an old thread...

I used to have an old 90s Sennheisers... looked a bit like the HD450/480, but had a perforated back (a whole bunch of tiny holes across the whole surface) to the "ear cups" (which weren't actually ear cups at all, but that's another point), instead of having those openings. It had some teal coloured plastic in the ear cup too.
Does anyone know what model that may have been? It's killing me.

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #19 of 31
Sorry to revive an old thread...

I used to have an old 90s Sennheisers... looked a bit like the HD450/480, but had a perforated back (a whole bunch of tiny holes across the whole surface) to the "ear cups" (which weren't actually ear cups at all, but that's another point), instead of having those openings. It had some teal coloured plastic in the ear cup too.
Does anyone know what model that may have been? It's killing me.

The only Teal coloured Sennheisers I know of are
HD440
HD440II
HD450II
HD452

Was it one of those?

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #20 of 31
Definitely doesn't look like HD440II, HD450II or HD452 pictures I can find... The basic design seems very similar, but the design of the cup seems different. They weren't as rounded, and they didn't have that "opening" on the back of the ear cups. Instead, they had a whole heap of little holes.
It does seem as though it is from that era, and possibly a variation of the HD440/450 model. I'll hunt around for more pics.

Thanks for your help! :)

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 31
Definitely doesn't look like HD440II, HD450II or HD452 pictures I can find... The basic design seems very similar, but the design of the cup seems different. They weren't as rounded, and they didn't have that "opening" on the back of the ear cups. Instead, they had a whole heap of little holes.
It does seem as though it is from that era, and possibly a variation of the HD440/450 model. I'll hunt around for more pics.

Thanks for your help! :)
Hmmm... then it might be the HD565 Ovation... that had a slight teal tinge to it.

Jul 28, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #23 of 31
Jul 29, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #25 of 31
Not quite, but sort of...
The entire back of the cups were covered in little holes. Like, what it may look like without that silver bit... possibly slightly larger holes than those 480IIs
Oh, so it might be .... ???
HD-590
HD-570
(edit - also HD447 :p )

They've got ALL the little holes.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #27 of 31
Found it!! HD435 before the update to the silver/red version later. I can only find the Blue "Manhattan" one or the orange "vegas" one, although mine were teal... but it's the same shape, so I'm going to assume it's that.

Thanks for your help!

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #28 of 31
Found it!! HD435 before the update to the silver/red version later. I can only find the Blue "Manhattan" one or the orange "vegas" one, although mine were teal... but it's the same shape, so I'm going to assume it's that.

Thanks for your help!
That's not teal! XD
I skimmed over the 435 Manhatten because of that :p

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #30 of 31
Mine was not the Manhattan, and it was not blue. It was teal, like that of the 440, but exactly the same shape as the Manhattan.
Oh interseting... I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back