Sennheiser Headphones@ philippines
Mar 7, 2006 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 119

iNx.13arney

New Head-Fier
i was wondering if there are filipinos here, who and can help me..
where i can purchase the HD-595/(if possible the magic red edition)...

im having trouble buying online.. maybe someone can help
smily_headphones1.gif
tnx

if not then o well..

Mar 7, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 119
try those bigger shops(abenson,SM apps, etc). they actually have price lists. the highest price of a hd650 i found is around 24k.

p.s. i actually found a hd590 in the basement level of the megamall(SM appliance center). you can actually audition it on the spot. (this was around less than 3 months ago)

enjoy -jan

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 119
I saw a pair of HD590s yesterday at tower records mega, but 595s are what youre looking for...

I will check out MICRO ACOUSTICS INDUSTRIES INC. though and see what they have. I've been scouting for HD555

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 119
tnx gino
smily_headphones1.gif

@noypi.yes, ive tried big shops such as SM ,electroworld, automatic center,ambassador.

they also have the 590's in automatic center in gbelt1
smily_headphones1.gif
and other rare units.

i just went to "architecture audio" i think.. anyway. its located also at greenbelt. it has high end audio gadgets. they had the 595's for 6 months on display and then they just had it pulled out last week.. *malas*

if u guys happen to find a pair of 595's post it here please
smily_headphones1.gif

oh yeah. btw. the 555's are also sweet. aqua blue edition is also nice
biggrin.gif
that is if we can find one..

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 119
I got to audition the 595 at Architectural Audio as well. (Wasn't too happy, and I realized I might just be a Grado boy).

But good news, good news! I saw a pair at Music One at Greenbelt 3. I auditioned that again, just to see what a brand new pair sounds like. Go get 'em!

I think Tower Records / Music One gets stock from time to time. I saw an HD 555 some time ago at the same branch.

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #8 of 119
BTW, that was just last week, or the other week.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #9 of 119
as for amps....
in park square 1 a shop named upscale audio has a xcans v3. they are distributors for mf products. i asked and it is posible to audition it. priced at 21k i think

also....
lehmann audio has a local distributor. you can find the address at their site. it is near banaue street. when i had a chance to visit the place, they said that the black cube linear is only on order basis.

thats about it for me

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #10 of 119
OMG OMG OMG! are u sure? because a few weeks ago i went to music one gbelt and asked about the 595's but they said they didnt have stock!? damn. im always in makati and yet i looked so far.., when the headphones that actually want is just a few steps away from my tambayan(becon). today i spent all day walking to look for it in shangrila/mega/podium! w/c btw was a waste of time...

damn i talk too much. must be excited. hope aufeuer isnt joking.

btw, if its legal here to sell stuff. im actually selling my HD-570,HDJ-1000pioneer, ang a couple of audio90's hehe
580smile.gif

oh yeah, i think they sell some amps at makati square. i forgot the name of the store. i asked there before for headphones amps. 6k worth i think. pretty cheap but i dont know if its worth it..

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by iNx.13arney
damn i talk too much. must be excited. hope aufeuer isnt joking.

Haha, no joke. Check it out. Sorry, nabinyagan ko na siya.
tongue.gif
I don't think there are a lot of head-fiers here in Manila, so I doubt the unit will be sold within a few weeks. But take note, I only saw ONE unit. Good thing I changed my mind about getting it. Go get the 595, before some other head-fier finds it!

I can imagine your excitement. I felt that way also when I heard that Architectural Audio had a demo unit available before.

But speaking of excitement, have you heard a Grado before?
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by aufeuer
Haha, no joke. Check it out. Sorry, nabinyagan ko na siya.
tongue.gif
I don't think there are a lot of head-fiers here in Manila, so I doubt the unit will be sold within a few weeks. But take note, I only saw ONE unit. Good thing I changed my mind about getting it. Go get the 595, before some other head-fier finds it!

I can imagine your excitement. I felt that way also when I heard that Architectural Audio had a demo unit available before.

But speaking of excitement, have you heard a Grado before?
evil_smiley.gif

Aufeuer isn't kidding about Grados and excitement. My HF-1's have me smiling from ear to ear all the time. Another good can to check out would be ATH A900LTD's which have a very Grado like sound. Very good for rock. Nice punchy bass, excellent detail, and can be driven without an amp. Unfortunately it is sold out in pretty much everywhere else except for portions of Asia. Maybe you can luck out in PI. Good luck mga Pinoy!

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #13 of 119
I'm a filipino head-fi'er! Unfortunately, I haven't been there in 9 years. I'm glad to see more Head-Fi'ers from the Philippines. By any chance are any of you visayan?

If you really can't find a decent headphone there in the Philippines, I think you should try ordering Alessandro MS-1's. Its a little more than p5100 shipped and it is sure not to disappoint.
icon10.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #14 of 119
orphsmile.gif
<---- this is me right now! hehe i just got the 595's finally after 2 months of searching and ordering! woohooo!
but i have a question.. the 595's i bought is 120 ohms. whats the difference between the 120/50? i just dont get it. im such a noob.. mostly i use my headphones for gaming. 3d sounds very important specially in CS.. 515/555/595 are the most sennheisers commonly used by international CS teams. useless tip from me to you
icon10.gif

@aufeuer: yes i've hear of grados and seen pics of them in the net. but they costs around 20k ryt? way too much for me. btw. tnx for the help!! i really appreciate the tip
tongue.gif

595's... *sigh*
eggosmile.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #15 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
I'm a filipino head-fi'er! Unfortunately, I haven't been there in 9 years. I'm glad to see more Head-Fi'ers from the Philippines. By any chance are any of you visayan?

If you really can't find a decent headphone there in the Philippines, I think you should try ordering Alessandro MS-1's. Its a little more than p5100 shipped and it is sure not to disappoint.
icon10.gif

Wife = US Citizen, but of Visayan heritage.

Do all Visayan women have emotional states that run like sine waves?
biggrin.gif

I love her, but man... I DO NOT want to pi$$ her off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back