May 8, 2006 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Possede

500+ Head-Fier
Just a heads up for you guys...
evil_smiley.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sennheiser-Ele...QQcmdZViewItem

May 8, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 64
1,028.86 USD.

I wonder how much they typically sell for. FWIW, I paid $750 for mine nearly two years ago.

May 8, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #4 of 64
If you are at all interested in an ebay auction, dont post it here until youve won it, theres no point in increasing the bidding competition after all.

Not that the HE60 is anywhere within my finatial reach, but itd be nice.

May 8, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
If you are at all interested in an ebay auction, dont post it here until youve won it, theres no point in increasing the bidding competition after all.

Not that the HE60 is anywhere within my finatial reach, but itd be nice.

Sorry. I only wanted to give other people here the opportunity to bid on this. I don't have the money to bid on something this expensive (YET!).
frown.gif

May 8, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #6 of 64
Im sorry, i should have thrown a few smilies into that post to show that i was just taking the piss, im not really annoyed or anything. Apologies.

580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

May 8, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #7 of 64
Posting eBay auctions for everybody to see seems unfair.

It's rewarding the lazy people who are too lazy to search on their own..

And no, I am not bidding in this one,
tongue.gif
- just saying.

May 8, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Posting eBay auctions for everybody to see seems unfair.

It's rewarding the lazy people who are too lazy to search on their own..

And no, I am not bidding in this one,
tongue.gif
- just saying.

Well, I must say I don't share that view. Some people is not just lazy. Some people just prefer to check very often head-fi as they use to prefer a FS deal with somebody they know, but eventually they might jump into an Ebay auction if given notice.

Besides, what comes to Head-Fi, stays at Head-fi. I rather prefer for an HeadFier to get an HE60 than for some isolated audiophile guy in the middle of nowhere. If the buyer is an Head-fier chances are that he will try to sell it on the FS forums first if he need to sell it in the future. And we all will be here waiting!

Thanks for the heads-up, Possede. Way to go. I hope you can get one in the future. Perhaps from the headfier that might get them now thanks to your heads-up! Cheers.

May 8, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #9 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Well, I don't share that view. Some people is not just lazy. Some people just prefer to check very often head-fi as they use to prefer a FS deal with somebody they know and eventually they might jump into an Ebay auction if given notice.

Besides, what comes to Head-Fi, stays at Head-fi. I rather prefer an HeadFier to get an HE60 than some isolated audiophile guy in the middle of nowhere. If the buyer is an Head-fier chances are that he will try to sell it on the FS forums first if he need to sell it.

Thanks for the head-ups, Possede. Way to go. I hope you can get one soon. Cheers.

That's true, point made.
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #11 of 64
Yeah. I'm all for advertising these kinds of auctions... especially since with headfiers... gear seems to get around a bit
tongue.gif

But anyway, if it weren't for advertising and posting, I'd never have what I have. And I have it because someone posted that they wanted it, but they posted that a long time ago. Then I did a search, saw they wanted it, and then said I wanted it too. Then this dude came along and said, hey I got it, do you want it? And I happened to see his post and suddenly, I was able to get my hands onto something that I would without a doubt say is in the top two most rare things a headphone lover can get, simply because someone else inadvertently advertised.

Confused?
confused.gif
Me too.

Anyway, cheers.

Neil

May 9, 2006 at 7:44 AM Post #12 of 64
It's a bit of a bummer when you've been silently searching the night for something for months and then when it finally pops up someone advertises it to less interested, but more finanically secure parties.

But hey, it's a free world, and that's life.

May 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
It's a bit of a bummer when you've been silently searching the night for something for months and then when it finally pops up someone advertises it to less interested, but more finanically secure parties.

Exactly! Just because an auction isn't advertised here, doesn't mean a Head-Fi'er won't win it. I've recently won an auction for electret phones, that only got a few bids. If it had been advertised here, by someone who didn't even want it for themselves, I doubt I would have been able to afford it. Advertising an auction here just ruins it for those who spend the time and effort to search.
mad.gif

(I may post more about those phones after I've received them)

Ellen

May 9, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 64
Quote:

Well, I must say I don't share that view. Some people is not just lazy. Some people just prefer to check very often head-fi as they use to prefer a FS deal with somebody they know, but eventually they might jump into an Ebay auction if given notice.

Besides, what comes to Head-Fi, stays at Head-fi. I rather prefer for an HeadFier to get an HE60 than for some isolated audiophile guy in the middle of nowhere. If the buyer is an Head-fier chances are that he will try to sell it on the FS forums first if he need to sell it in the future. And we all will be here waiting!

Thanks for the heads-up, Possede. Way to go. I hope you can get one in the future. Perhaps from the headfier that might get them now thanks to your heads-up! Cheers.

You're welcome.
biggrin.gif
Hope one of us Head-fiers gets this... *Shakes a red flag*

May 9, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

..what comes to Head-Fi, stays at Head-fi. I rather prefer for an HeadFier to get an HE60 than for some isolated audiophile guy in the middle of nowhere. If the buyer is an Head-fier chances are that he will try to sell it on the FS forums first if he need to sell it in the future.

I see it from both sides, but when posting notices for auctions here , it is with the afformentioned thought in mind, and that is to promote from within here first..(but typically will post a time sensitive buyitnow deal that rocks or something, bc no one likes the additional bid competition and this is not the purpose)

In that...Sometimes a thread can be generated that educates or spreads awareness to forum supporters on pertinent topics, hot items, or scam artisans..and this in turn helps the community effort in communication and strategizing so headfiers can relate more...or something like that..but I see it both ways, if let down because an auction was spotted and/or high-lighted here in the forum, it probably is being seen else where in a like forum anyway or similar regard.. the best auctions are unfindable, or listed inaccurately (wrong cat,desc,etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back