Sennheiser HE-60 ''The Legendary Baby"
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #136 of 149
Plugged my HE60 after not using it for about 6-8 months and the left channel is popping. It seems to go away after about 30 mins or so but that can't be right. It does not happen to any other headphone except that one so leads me to believe there is an issue with the driver. There doesn't seem to be much support options on the Senn website so I am at a loss now. I'm sure it is dust or something that needs to be cleaned... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like potentially an issue with dust. Do you keep them stored, covered? They're pretty notorious for dust issues leading to issues like this. It can be hard to track down, but I'd look into getting them into the hands of someone familiar with repairing stats.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #137 of 149
I do have them covered with a stand and stay plastic cover. How would one find someone who can repair stat headphones?

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:43 PM Post #138 of 149
I do have them covered with a stand and stay plastic cover. How would one find someone who can repair stat headphones?

Seems dust would be a bit unlikely in the case, really sorry to hear. I would ask around in the Stax thread and also check around on the head-case forum. Again, definitely not an easy task. Good luck.

Mar 18, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #139 of 149
Yeah I’ve reached out to es labs to see it there is anything they can do…

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #141 of 149
Plugged my HE60 after not using it for about 6-8 months and the left channel is popping. It seems to go away after about 30 mins or so but that can't be right. It does not happen to any other headphone except that one so leads me to believe there is an issue with the driver. There doesn't seem to be much support options on the Senn website so I am at a loss now. I'm sure it is dust or something that needs to be cleaned... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Are you using the HEV-70 amp? Probably one of the aging drivers need more time to fully charge up since you haven't used them for a long time. I wouldn't sweat about it if they sound good after warming up. It could also be dust. Try very very gently vacuuming them to see if it helps.

Mar 19, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #142 of 149
Are you using the HEV-70 amp? Probably one of the aging drivers need more time to fully charge up since you haven't used them for a long time. I wouldn't sweat about it if they sound good after warming up. It could also be dust. Try very very gently vacuuming them to see if it helps.
I’m using a Megatron and maybe run it in the rotation more frequently to avoid this. Also looked up some videos so I’ll try vacuuming with a small vac. We’ll see what happens.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #143 of 149
I really hope you'll repair them. I'm new owner of he60. Really amazed how they sound, no wonder they are mentioned in TOTL discussion, maybe not top place but still on the list. I run them trough mojo2 as a dac. bumped bass just 3 clicks (yellow now) and "wow" I can't complain in bass area, not every HP react so well for eq.
I can't find any flaws... soundstage maybe is not the biggest but nor really small. A real gem for me.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #144 of 149
I really hope you'll repair them. I'm new owner of he60. Really amazed how they sound, no wonder they are mentioned in TOTL discussion, maybe not top place but still on the list. I run them trough mojo2 as a dac. bumped bass just 3 clicks (yellow now) and "wow" I can't complain in bass area, not every HP react so well for eq.
I can't find any flaws... soundstage maybe is not the biggest but nor really small. A real gem for me.

They were my first TOTL headphones and were absolutely mind-blowing then. They still do a few things very few headphones to this day can barely do, albeit with several caveats. Very special in their own right.

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #145 of 149
Got them fixed with a light vacuuming. Super happy it wasn’t anything serious.

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:39 PM Post #147 of 149
Good to know that works lol!
Thank goodness it did… feels like I dodged a bullet on this one. Still going strong with no issues 😁

Mar 26, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #148 of 149
Got them fixed with a light vacuuming. Super happy it wasn’t anything serious.
If you could describe "light vacuuming" process you did in more detail? That would be appreciated for historical reference.
I don't suppose Dyson has "electrostatic headphone" setting :smile:

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #149 of 149
yeah... nothing like a Dyson or it would have sucked the diagram right off the headphone I'm sure :triportsad:. It was a mini hand held vacuum I picked up just to use around the desk. I took the ear pad off and started vacuuming the inside area while lightly brushing around the grills with a soft makeup brush. Same thing on the outside grill area. Then shook the headphone a little to see if any debris would loosen up and vacuumed again with the straw like attachment. Did this several times and tried plugging it in the energizer and it seemed to have cleared up the issue. I didn't pull the grill off at any point and not sure if this was more luck than skill but it seemed to have worked.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 9.47.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 9.47.19 AM.png
    649.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back