Sennheiser HDVA 600 headphone amp
Nov 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #31 of 64
How is everyone finding this?

I just got one landed with me.. comparing against the burson conductor;

Comparisons were

Schiit Bifrost - HDVA600 - > HD800/T1/TH900
Burson Conductor - > HD800/T1/TH900

I find the conductor a bit brighter overall to be honest; the HDVA600 is very smooth and a little warmer - didn't think it would be! (this is single ended connection)

It brings the mids foward a bit more on the HD800's and the sound stage is a bit more real compared to the conductor - the conductor seems a bit wider although superficially so.

The HDVA600 seems more 3D; having more depth and height - 

The HDVA600 does seem a bit bassier though in quantity - maybe a little more relaxed in this - conductor has lots of impact but not a lot of quantity - too much impact sometimes (depending on the song really - not a massive amount though; just as a comparison more than anything)

It brings out a bit more bass in the T1 and seems more fun on the TH900 too.. 

HD800's seem more well rounded and work better - as do my other phones funnily enough...

The HDVA seems a bit more ephoric if you can put a word to it, more emotional and involving than the conductor.

These are my impressions :D

Happy with this amp, opted for the HDVA600 over the 800 as i wanted to upgrade to a balanced dac (higher end) later on~

If the HD800's sound even better via balanced - then i can't wait!

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 64

popcorn.gif

These have just made it to the homepage of my favorite seller here in Japan so I am now struggling to make a $!*\%ing decision:  Luxman p-700u or hdvd600 or some balanced tube contraption. . .    I would love to hear more impressions of this Senn amp....   
I`ll also hopefully get to listen to it in the flesh tomorrow at the Tokyo show !   

Could you share what are your final choice? The P700u is not available in Hong Kong this moment. I tried the P1u before and regarded that is a nice HP amp. Wonder how will P700u outperform the P1u.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #33 of 64

Could you share what are your final choice? The P700u is not available in Hong Kong this moment. I tried the P1u before and regarded that is a nice HP amp. Wonder how will P700u outperform the P1u.

I ended up going a completely different route, a desktop tube headphone amp made by a shop here in Tokyo. ( andix.co.jp )
It`s spectacular:

Dec 12, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #35 of 64
I think Im actually going to purchase this amp. Ill be pairing the amp with my Yulong DA8 dac.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #37 of 64
Hi - how is the Andix.co.jp HPA 45 tube headphone amp for the Senn HD800. Any comments. I am going to Japan next week and Akiba at Andix asked me to visit his shop and test my HD800 on his demo amp.
Any good?
Thx

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #38 of 64
  Hi - how is the Andix.co.jp HPA 45 tube headphone amp for the Senn HD800. Any comments. I am going to Japan next week and Akiba at Andix asked me to visit his shop and test my HD800 on his demo amp.
Any good?
Thx

Hi, sorry I`m traveling around NewZealand at the moment and didn`t see this question.  If you haven`t visited yet, I can assure you that the hpa-45 is truly awesome. I am using the 1939 tubes he recommended; I may go back and spend another $150 and get some Western Electric vintage tubes he has.... 

Please let us know how it goes/went ! 

d

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #39 of 64
Not a whole lot of comments or love on the HDVA600, is it because there are not many to be had?
Seeing this is a Sennheiser product I would have thought there would be a lot of comments on this thread, so just curious since I am interested in this amp seeing I have an HD800 incoming thoughts?
I have looked a at lot of different amp options, I would love to own a tube amp but not sure if I want to deal with the maintenance associated with the tube (though I do have my eye on a WA7), rolling and the expenses etc.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #40 of 64
I believe most people are posting in the "Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier" thread which is the Sennheiser HDVA 600 + DAC. Hence the headphone amplifier related posts are relevant for both products.

May 21, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #41 of 64
  I think Im actually going to purchase this amp. Ill be pairing the amp with my Yulong DA8 dac.

Dar - Did you end up with the HDVA600 + DA8? I have the amp and am looking for a balanced DAC to upgrade my DM+. Would be interested in whether you have moved forward and, if so, how do you like the combo. The DA8 is closing in on my short list... Thanks!

May 22, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #42 of 64
Unfortunately sennheisers hdva doesn't live up to all the hype, in comparison to the DA8 the hdva600 is quite pathetic really.

May 23, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #43 of 64
Unfortunately sennheisers hdva doesn't live up to all the hype, in comparison to the DA8 the hdva600 is quite pathetic really.

The 600 (AMP) or the 800 (AMP+DAC)? DA8 HP AMP or just the DAC?

May 23, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #44 of 64

The 600 (AMP) or the 800 (AMP+DAC)? DA8 HP AMP or just the DAC?
the 800 shares the same amp as the 600, so basically the 800 just has a built-in-dac. The amp is disappointing. If anything you're better off going with the 600 and adding a dedicated dac for it. But the 600 nor the 800 would be my choice. Who knows, you might feel different about em, if I were you--I'd seriously consider questyle's offering.

May 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #45 of 64
I also had a chance to listen to the auralic vega few months ago and I was entirely impressed. The DA8 isn't too far from it either, da8 is a bit warmer compared to the vega but that vega has some amazing extensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back