Sennheiser HD820
Mar 1, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,521 of 4,356
Is anyone planning to switch out the cables for third party ones such as cardas, danacable etc?

I just ordered a Forza Audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC as I have been using those for my headphones for quite a while and am really happy with the quality as well as the price of those. Should be coming in next week. You can order them with 1/4, 1/8, 2x3 or 4 pin XLR or Petaconn plugs and the finishing is really top grade.

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,526 of 4,356
Same as my cables, there's a 150 page thread of the Forza cables here.
Ordering used to be slow but the past few months everything goes really quick.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/forza-audioworks-impressions-thread.661441/page-150#post-14808335

Fine cables aren't they Ichos?

I own and i have listened only to the Noir Hybrid HPC (from FAW) and as i have concluded at my review i find it to be a masterpiece.
Never heard again my HD800s be so natural transparent and dynamic sounding!
Now i have ordered a copper series for my HD58x

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #2,527 of 4,356
I wonder why this thread isn't in the High End forum?

Indeed, I think SQ-wise the HD820 is about as high-end as it gets for closed headphones.

I own and i have listened only to the Noir Hybrid HPC (from FAW) and as i have concluded at my review i find it to be a masterpiece.
Never heard again my HD800s be so natural transparent and dynamic sounding!
Now i have ordered a copper series for my HD58x

Yep, and I really like the quality feel and finishing as well, very nice cables.
For my HD580, 58X, 600, 650, 6XX and 660S I have one Noir Hybrid HPC as well that I use with all of them.
Will be the same for the HD800S and HD820, one cable for both of them.

I also ordered a few copper series for my less-expnesive cans (GSP600, 598CS, 599, 700 and K7XX) but opted to have them sleeved just like the Noir Hybrid HPC.
Matt does custom work if possible.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #2,528 of 4,356
If i have still owned my HD650 i could justify the cost of Noir for it but for HD58x it's not wise to spent for cables more than the cost of the headphone!!!
The quality is top notch and the Noir is very soft to touch and i find it very light for a 2m cable with
that gauge.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #2,529 of 4,356
I wonder why this thread isn't in the High End forum?

That is completely arbitrary and up to the OP on where he/she starts the thread. There are plenty of threads in High End that have no business being there, but it's free speech for all.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,531 of 4,356
If i have still owned my HD650 i could justify the cost of Noir for it but for HD58x it's not wise to spent for cables more than the cost of the headphone!!!
The quality is top notch and the Noir is very soft to touch and i find it very light for a 2m cable with
that gauge.

Very true but I am using 1 cable for 6 headphones which makes the cost more reasonable.
All things considered his cables aren't too expensive when compared to the crazy prices some other cable makers ask.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #2,532 of 4,356
Isn't possible for a mod to move it?

I'm sure they could but you think it's more logical to find this thread in "High End" instead of "Headphones (Full Sized)"?

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,533 of 4,356
I'm sure they could but you think it's more logical to find this thread in "High End" instead of "Headphones (Full Sized)"?

On the one hand it doesn't really matter but on the other hand if there are two forums where headphones can be listed in there should be some consistency.
But that's a bit my OCD talking, you don't wanna know how many times I reorganized my documents into various systems split into Dropbox, OneDrive, SynolgyDrive and local. :wink:

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #2,534 of 4,356
Very true but I am using 1 cable for 6 headphones which makes the cost more reasonable.
All things considered his cables aren't too expensive when compared to the crazy prices some other cable makers ask.

Any one else figure out a way to unplug the connectors without raking it across the outer shell right underneath the plug? I put a microfiber cloth under the plug area because the connector needs decent pull force to come out and it's a tight space between shell and connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back