1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. TonyNewman
    Has to be HD800S - it's black, after all :sunglasses:

It would be kinda insane for Senn to bring out the HD800S, which 'fixes' the issues of the HD800 (bass response and treble spike), and then use the original (flawed) HD800 to build the closed can on.

Then again, weirder things have happened.

2. Hifiearspeakers
    Really hope you’re right. That does make sense though.

3. Jarmel
    So I was listening to the 820s at CanJam and I wasn’t remotely impressed. It felt like a slightly inferior version of the 800S. I understand that was somewhat the goal, in that they wanted to get as close as possible to the 800S in quality but I personally have zero interest in paying more for essentially an inferior product. However there will be people where the closed back is absolutely necessary so if they like the 800S then they’ll probably like the 820s.

Sp12er3 likes this.
  4. amartignano
    Please, inferior/better is subjective and if you don't say why (how the 820 sounds, bass mid treble soundstage resolution speed whatever) is totally useless for the readers.
    How the 820 sounds compared to the 800S?

Wilashort and Arniesb like this.
  5. franz12
    Your sennheiser collection impressed me. Is there any chance for you to expand your universe?:grin:

6. amartignano
    "Me" and my family hope not :dt880smile:

baiyy1986 likes this.
  7. Jarmel
    Alright. Soundstage seems noticeably worse than the 800S. Bass is slightly better but fairly identical for the most part. They’re very similar but the reduced soundstage kills it for me.

8. franz12
    Ether C or Ether C flow has a fairly large soundstage for being a closed back. I wonder how do they compare if someone has any experiences.

9. YesThisIs
    This and everything that i have heard from Sennheiser Reps and from Axel Grell, this didn't surprise me at all. HD820 wasn't suppose to be HD800S successor. Rather an twin with it's own characters.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  10. Jarmel
    I was at the seminar today where Grell talked about the design and he seemed super reluctant to say they were better. He felt more comfortable saying they were alternatives to the 800S than anything about them being an actual successor.

It’s worth noting too that what I listened to was the prototypes as they’re having problems with the lower end of the frequency spectrum and so the final version in theory should have better bass.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Sp12er3 likes this.
  11. franz12
    Many people like hd800/hd800s because of their wide soundstage/imaging. Without its characteristic soundstage, I am unsure where to find its strength for a given price point.

YesThisIs likes this.
  12. McMadface
    800S. Sorry for any confusion.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  13. McMadface
    I've listened to the 800S at an airport. Every single high end audio shop I've been to has Sennheiser cans. The same can't be said about other brands.

Sp12er3, swspiers and trellus like this.
  14. PointyFox
    I listened to the HD820. It's pretty isolating. Sounds a lot like the HD800S. It has a little bit of the closed-back sound. The bass doesn't seem to be improved any.

Sp12er3 and Beagle like this.
  15. pietcux
    I know where you come from by heart, but Axel Grell did not want to mimic the Sony Z1R bass and sound, that's for sure. I will give them a try in my home, not a short shot at a fair or in a shop.

Sp12er3 likes this.
First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last