1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
Next

Last
  1. AppleheadMay
    Well, I have my HD820 incoming next week! :)

2. Whitigir
    That price dropped quickly eh ?

3. Whitigir
    DX200 and Amp8 drive my HD800S wonderfully. I may have to grab 820....lol, that pricing is attractive....also, I do not know why I am perfectly satisfied with 800S, and Stax....but I am twitching toward 820....uncontrollably ? What the hell.

Need to resists!
    6E3E71AB-BFFA-4CF2-A6B7-8FA901A699E2.gif

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    trellus and Lord Rexter like this.
  4. AppleheadMay
    I didn't buy it from that Singapore store, no use as with shipping and import here that would add $650-700 anyway.
    I bought the one from Greygrey.
    Nice addition to my Senn collection, finally have all the Senns I want. :)

robo24, itchyears and Whitigir like this.
  5. Whitigir
    Now you want Senn DAP :wink: kakaka

6. bflat
    Nice! I purchased a $1500 camera lens from them and got within 2 business days to CA. I can also confirm I did not have to pay any import duties for US. Like my camera lens, this is likely grey market so warranty would go through e-inifinty and only for one year. Fortunately, my lens is still working perfectly (Nikon) 3 years later. This is an attractive option if you want to save the dollars. If you use a credit card that offers extended warranty you may get another year of warranty.

bdjul, robo24 and Lord Rexter like this.
  7. robo24
    Please let us know if you end up with any customs charges.saw this site too and am tempted.

itchyears likes this.
  8. exdmd
    You can get a good set of custom inner ear monitors for less than $1000 that will not only look good but will isolate you from the outside world while providing excellent sound quality. While some people eschew the custom fit IEMs tor those with replaceable earplugs I much prefer the custom made. All you need is a trip to the audiologist to get molds of your ear canals made. I use the Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered.

9. QueueCumber
    These are great for airplanes. Not so great for at home when you just want the isolation from your wife or girlfriend’s demon ears...

itchyears likes this.
  10. tube head
    My HD820 was just delivered. I ordered last Wednesday during Chinese New Year. But I got an order confirmation right away. On Monday, yesterday, I got a shipment notice. The next day, today, Tuesday, they arrived at 10:30 AM. I will let you all know how I like them after they sit all night on repeat on the CD player.
    Does anybody know how long for break in ?

robo24 likes this.
  11. Lord Rexter
    Just curious if you had to pay any custom duties for them. Thanks.

12. tube head
    I did not pay any duties or shipping. They ship Fed X priority. I was a little apprehensive ordering from them. I had never ordered from them before. But everything went great. Got the headphones in less then a week, from China.
    I just gave them a listen. Sound great right out of the box. So they should sound even better with some hours on them.
    I think I'm one of the lucky ones. They seem to fit fine. No leaks, and are very comfortable.

robo24, Bern2 and Lord Rexter like this.
  13. bflat
    The seller is in Hong Kong which operates free trade (no VAT, no sales tax, no import duty). I believe the US reciprocates within limits. I've never had import duty from Hong Kong and have a lot of stuff I've ordered from there. China on the other hand is a whole different story and in the middle of a trade war with US.

robo24 likes this.
  14. robo24
    I couldn't resist either and ordered last weekend. Just got shipping confirmation that it should arrive by Friday. In 6 months I've gone from my first audiophile cans ($200 6XX) to these. I hope they let me bring them to the eventual debtors prison I end up in, lol. Couldn't stop thinking about them since I gave them a listen in the San Francisco Sennheiser store recently, so I already know I'll enjoy them. Very interesting to read all the widely varied reviews, much like with my favorite HD700. I guess I'm a fan of maligned Sennheiser models.

Bern2 likes this.
First

Back
156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165
167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176
Next

Last