1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last
  1. Hifiearspeakers
    Hahaha!!!

Dobrescu George and QueueCumber like this.
  2. QueueCumber
    Huh?

3. QueueCumber
    Lol. My girlfriend is Romanian! My grandparents were from Romania as well...

Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. Beagle
    Harsher treble than the Z1R?

(walks out quietly and closes the door)

elwappo99 likes this.
  5. Hifiearspeakers
    Context is required here. That guy really prefers darker headphones and is very treble sensitive, even more so than Tyll. The Nighthawk is one of his favorites.

6. Beagle
    I have the Z1R and IMO it is far from dark. I can hear a little emphasis in the treble area where it was a problem on the HD800. This is what raised my eyebrows.

7. pietcux
    The Z1R is a great headphone, no need that you buy the HD820.

8. Mediahound
    I cover this in the video. For both the Z1R and HD800 series, I EQ down 8kHZ by about -2dB.

Beagle likes this.
  9. Beagle
    Looks like the thing to do is buy one. If I don't like it, I can return it.

Maelob and QueueCumber like this.
  10. QueueCumber
    That’s the nice thing with Sennheiser and some other manufacturers.

The only downside is you pay full price vs. waiting and buying when they’re up anonymously on forums for reduced prices.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  11. QueueCumber
    Does anyone know how to use the “individually diffuse-field frequency response curve” on the USB drive supplied with the 820? I listen via iPhone or Oppo and headphone amps. Do I need to use a PC/Mac to utilize the curve?

Thanks

12. Rchandra
    I'm telling you guys if you have a hd800 you're not missing much on these. You are better off getting a newer headphone these are co flagships not flagship. $2400 that's a ton of cash for something that has a sound signature that exists out already for years. (and that other headphone is the better sounding of the two)

13. Silent Xaxal
    So it's just an HD800s that's closed back? No increase in bass response or anything, just the same sound sig but closed?

14. QueueCumber
    To me the 820 appears to have more clarity in the mid-range. I returned the 800S because I felt the mid-range was too diffuse sounding compared to the Utopia despite better instrument separation and larger soundstage. In any case, none of the above have come close to the Susvara overall, IME. The closed-back makes the 820 worthwhile to me in my particular situation despite any minor niggles.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  15. Giraku
    I don't find the file on the USB drive came with my HD820. If you are talking about "Frequency Response.png", that is used in the User's Manual when you run "start.html". The purpose is to compare this FR curve measured unit by unit (unique to your own unit) against the model FR curve on the first page of the manual. This is just an image file so that you cannot "use" it on a computer except for viewing.
    I shared the FR on my unit in my previous post.
    If you don't mind, please share yours so that we can see how variable FR curves are among individual HD820 units.

trellus likes this.
First

Back
99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119
Next

Last