Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!
Dec 6, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,473 of 6,504

I thought folks were saying it IS a new driver?  That was many pages back, as I recall...  but I've lost track of the thread now.

No one has been able to produce a link with evidence that indicates that it is a whole new driver.   Everything I've read indicates the opposite.  

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #1,474 of 6,504

No one has been able to produce a link with evidence that indicates that it is a whole new driver.   Everything I've read indicates the opposite.  

Really? Well, that sucks.  I mean, guess we'll see, but if it's just a retuning, then I definitely don't need the HD800s then... that's what my PEQ is for...

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,477 of 6,504
Dec 7, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #1,483 of 6,504

**Head explodes**

Unsubscribed.

It's not a new driver. Sennheiser claims that the added absorption technology (used in their IE 800) helps to control resonance from low frequencies, bringing about further detail that could be lost within them. They may have done a few extra tweakings otherwise, but it doesn't seem to be a whole lot.

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,484 of 6,504

On that link I posted it just says "AVAILABLE" all in caps.  On the right hand side just below "Article Number:506911" and "Choose your colors: [black]".  (heh, shades of Henry Ford).
Perhaps it is different on other websites?

Your link says "available soon" when I click on it. Maybe they changed it? What price did you see?

Dec 7, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #1,485 of 6,504
  Your link says "available soon" when I click on it. Maybe they changed it? What price did you see?

I'll see if a screen capture will work...

I dunno - maybe there's some localisation going on? I tried Ctrl-R to refresh the page, but it didn't change. Oh well
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back