1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled!

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jude, Oct 23, 2015.
First

Back
359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368
370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379
Next

Last
  1. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Love the HD800S, hate the Leafs. I think the 800S is a fantastic sound signature. I am a modest basshead who still appreciates a well done, balanced signature and the 800S is really working for me with both SS and tubes. I do slightly boost the lower bass (I do this for all open back headphones mind you) and I am extremely satisfied with the 800S. I listen to a great deal of EDM, electronica, prog rock, jazz, Nu-Jazz and the 800S is working it for me.

2. Randy Myers
    I am listening to Dark Side of the Moon SACD right now though HD800S... AMAZING!!!

3. Sonic Defender Contributor
    For me Daft Punk, Random Access Memory, also very nice. I like The Wall almost more than Dark Side of The Moon. I'll spin DSOTM later, thanks for reminding me to listen to that album!

4. ToTo Man
    Don't forget WYWH, tough call but it's arguably my favourite PF album and sounds amazing!!!

Sonic Defender likes this.
  5. Randy Myers
    Yea, going to listen to Wish You Were Here.... have that in SACD also.  I wish there were others of Pink Floyd made in SACD :)...

6. pctazhp
    My taste in music is much different than yours, and I use only tube amp with no equalization. But I too am extremely satisfied with the HD800S. 

7. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Classical? The Elise is supposed to be fantastic sounding. I almost got an Elise, but the 339 is also well regarded and I was able to get one here in Canada and avoid that expensive shipping from Poland.

8. pctazhp
    My taste in music is probably a product of my age. Symphonic classical, opera, 50s and 60s pop, folk, country, ballads, etc.

I've had my Elise since January and absolutely love it. But, of course, the 339 is also highly regarded.

9. MickeyVee
    Thanks. Not a fan of the Leafs either :) Not a fan of equalization either :) I also listen to a lot of electronic, EDM plus 70s-80s-90s rock and pop.
    After owning a few tube amps, I find the McIntosh a fabulous SS with a touch of tube warmth and great drive.  Probably why I love it with the HD800 and the +2.5db bass boost is so natural.  Can't wait until I get a chance to audition the HD800S on my system later this month.

Quote:

10. pctazhp
    I'm guessing if you like the 800 with the McIntosh you will also like the S with it. Probably just a matter of personal preference.

11. Whazzzup
    wow fan of the leafs here, bleed blue and white, so take it easy. [​IMG]

12. jtinto
    [​IMG]

13. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Sorry, have to put up with way too many super obnoxious Leaf fans at Ottawa home games so I'm almost obligated to not take it easy! I actually was a big Leaf fan until Ottawa was granted it's own franchise.

14. LarryMagoo
    Mickey Vee,

How do you say you dislike equalization but then state you like about 2.5db of Bass Boost?  ???[​IMG]

15. MacedonianHero Contributor

Me too...Darryl Sittler was my hero growing up!
    Sorry man...I lived in Ottawa in the late '90s and that obnoxiousness came from the Senator fans from what I could see. They hated it when the Leafs came to town as we'd be 80% of the stadium. [​IMG] 

First

Back
359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368
370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379
Next

Last