Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #5,435 of 8,689
Don't worry about it, it is the most significant way to improve you're music enjoyment but costly, so google music server at your convenience
I get that you're a huge fan and believer in a music server, but given that you are making a really bold claim about them being the most significant way to improve music enjoyment, what is the reason for the improvement? If it is significantly better, there must be a clearly identifiable problem that a music server fixes, and it would have to be completely in the audible realm not simply stuff like it fixes dirty power or other such issues that are not even in the realm of the audible. What specifically does a music server fix that makes it the most significant improvement in music enjoyment? Perhaps I am completely misunderstanding you and what you really mean is that for you a music server is a great improvement in terms of ease of use and convenience, and in those respects a music server makes your music listening experience more enjoyable. Some clarification is needed.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #5,436 of 8,689
I have upgraded every component in the chain and a/b each change. I reviewed these changes for public consumption and as each new component was added I realized I couldn’t strip back the system to isolate each one but the fact is for me, the server provided the most utility in my music enjoyment that I have and will not need to upgrade my dac/ amp/ hp/ any component with no desire for boxes or ferrets or rfi cages etc...... that’s impressive performance that the rest of my system enjoys including Hd800S.
if You request additional info go to my thread, read and ask the three other guys that have the same brand.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #5,437 of 8,689
I have upgraded every component in the chain and a/b each change. I reviewed these changes for public consumption and as each new component was added I realized I couldn’t strip back the system to isolate each one but the fact is for me, the server provided the most utility in my music enjoyment that I have and will not need to upgrade my dac/ amp/ hp/ any component with no desire for boxes or ferrets or rfi cages etc...... that’s impressive performance that the rest of my system enjoys including Hd800S.
if You request additional info go to my thread, read and ask the three other guys that have the same brand.
Fair enough, so in the end you can't be sure what it has improved, but you perceive it as having made a very substantial improvement in terms of enjoyment. So to get clarity for the people who will read in this thread and not want to search the forums to find your other thread, you did post here so seeking clarity here is important, are you making a distinction between usefulness and features versus sound quality? Saying utility and musical enjoyment is a little ambiguous and could mean different things. I think many people might be tempted to interpret what you are saying as the most significant upgrade in sound quality. If that is what you are saying fine, I'm not going to pester you further, but for the sake of clarity in this thread it would be helpful to know what you meant. So for you, did the music server make the most significant improvement in sound quality?

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #5,438 of 8,689
Mar 26, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #5,441 of 8,689
Removed comment, no need to get debates started. Sorry.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 1:39 PM Post #5,442 of 8,689
Just build or buy a reasonable silent computer, put decent music software on and you have a very competent music server, Bobs your uncle.

Mar 26, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #5,443 of 8,689
Its a touchy subject music servers and when i started the thread i got the same bobs your uncle solutions, until you actually try it on you're system, one is speculating. finally I'm not sure why under multiple attempts to get the discussion on antipodes thread, it hasn't. you can discuss this with other users than myself.

Mar 26, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #5,444 of 8,689
Its a touchy subject music servers and when i started the thread i got the same bobs your uncle solutions, until you actually try it on you're system, one is speculating. finally I'm not sure why under multiple attempts to get the discussion on antipodes thread, it hasn't. you can discuss this with other users than myself.
Absolutely, but to be fair, you are yourself going into other threads and introducing the discussion around music servers, which is fine, this is a community in the end. So that is why I end up having these discussions with you in a thread like this because you introduced the topic. I'm glad that you are enjoying the Antipode server so much.

Mar 26, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #5,445 of 8,689
Actually another poster introduced the subject by asking is a better dac or amp worth it running hd800S. I stated both enhanced my listening enjoyment but to be truth ful another component brought more positive change. I brought it up years ago on the tt thread to Robb, I said what is going on I slapped this server on and tt never sounded so good, he ignored me. Again not giving advice except what I found. You bring up a good point, discussions around other components should be carried out in any thread, but I hesitated to mention brands or try to take further discussions to an appropriate thread. Cheers to all, now can we discuss cables next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back