Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #5,326 of 8,689
7L83W1r

Anyone else have these stains/marks on the metal vent?

Best way to clean it? or if its just cosmetic and wont make any SQ i'll leave them

Many thanks

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #5,328 of 8,689
Great. How much does it cost and is there similar application for Windows? Multiple Headphones?

Windows version cost $80, free on Android.
150 headphones support (may increasing time after time).
Android version is unstable currently, so I am using beta which is more stable.
To see supporting list, you can install Android version and look into it

Impressive on hd800s!

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #5,329 of 8,689

Impressive on hd800s!

I wonder if they still have the one month free trial. I tried sonarworks with mine and always prefered them without any EQ for classical orchestral material which is- to my ears anyway- the ultimate test...

Jan 18, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #5,330 of 8,689
I wonder if they still have the one month free trial. I tried sonarworks with mine and always prefered them without any EQ for classical orchestral material which is- to my ears anyway- the ultimate test...

IMO SonarWorks do EQ and only EQ.
True-fi : it is Eq
Personal sound : Eq
Hearingloss comp. : Eq

May be you meant 2nd and 3rd which you leave it OFF.
Yes, I do the same.
Just using 1st Eq: True-fi, a preset of the company base on their measument.

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #5,331 of 8,689
I m actually referring to True-fi, it just wasn't to my taste I guess or perhaps not right for my setup.

Jan 19, 2020 at 3:43 AM Post #5,332 of 8,689

Impressive on hd800s!
I'm pretty sure I tried to find it but it was more than $80...anyways will try it again. Do they have any trials? I'll check their website again...

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #5,338 of 8,689
Need help with my newly purchased HD800S. The clamp force is so loose on my head that every head movement moves the headphones all around and I’m constantly adjusting them. They also don’t seem to fit well with my thicker glasses. Can anyone recommend either a pad swap or something I can do to increase the clamp force? Any support for helping with the headphones not move all around my head?

Side note, pads seem a bit itchy on my beard, anyone else?

You must have really small head I guess. In my experience, the degree of adjustability of the HD800s is pretty broad and make it a good fit also for "extremes" (big or small..).

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #5,339 of 8,689
I also have a somewhat average-to-small head and the HD 800S headphones do easily wiggle around when I move my head.

On another note, has anyone tried running this headphone with the LH Labs Geek Out 720? I'm finding that it's a decent combination.

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #5,340 of 8,689
Has anyone tried the accessory house global sheepskin earpads? I’m looking for a slight boost in comfort, stock pads are itchy and move around too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back