Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jan 31, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #4,247 of 8,689
Does anyone know of a decent third party cable for the 800S ?

I don’t like the twist in the stock cables and the rubber has already split on one cable, does anyone know of a cable that doesn’t have the twist like the stock one ?

Forza Audioworks - Claire and if you can afford it the Noir.
They are very soft , never twist and above all great sonic upgrade.
I also have Norne Draug v2 , it's more stiff than Forza and it sounds more dull but it may suit you well if you want to tame the HD800 personality.
Forza Noir is very transparent , natural and dynamic.

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #4,248 of 8,689
Forza Audioworks - Claire and if you can afford it the Noir.
They are very soft , never twist and above all great sonic upgrade.
I also have Norne Draug v2 , it's more stiff than Forza and it sounds more dull but it may suit you well if you want to tame the HD800 personality.
Forza Noir is very transparent , natural and dynamic.

Noir hybrid or copper?

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #4,249 of 8,689
I’m partial to type six pure silver litz

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #4,252 of 8,689
It would be nice to compare pure copper vs hybrid cables with HD800s. At some point I will order a shorter (1.5m) 4.4mm balanced cable for my HD880S but don't know if I would prefer copper or hybrid.

Possible places to order would be at least Forza Audioworks and Custom Cans

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #4,253 of 8,689
I have just posted my review of Forza AudioWorks Noir Hybrid cable at avclub.gr
If it is OK with the HeadFi rules i am posting a link.
https://avclub.gr/forum/showthread.php/166879-Forza-AudioWorks-Hybrid-Noir-Review
The review is at Greek so Google translate is needed.
Long story short - This is a masterpiece cable with added clarity , dynamics , transients , detail and above all very natural tonality.
Let's the music flow with body and a 3 dimensional effect.
The cable is transparent adding or subtracting nothing just letting the signal pass with the utmost fidelity.
It won't make your HD800s bass monsters or tame the highs so if you hate them you are still going to hate them.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #4,254 of 8,689
Feb 3, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #4,255 of 8,689
Feb 3, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #4,256 of 8,689
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #4,258 of 8,689
Does anyone know of a decent third party cable for the 800S ?

I don’t like the twist in the stock cables and the rubber has already split on one cable, does anyone know of a cable that doesn’t have the twist like the stock one ?

If you can handle a Solder iron and know how to use Shrink wrap you can make your own pretty easily. I made my own 20 footer with cable from DH Labs...called HP-1 sold in bulk...either they can terminate it or save some money and DIY... never gets tangled and zero microphonics... IMG_1776 2.jpeg

This one above was made for my Mr Speakers AFC's.....which I think give the expensive HD-820 a run for their money @ 1/3 the cost...

Cheers!

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #4,259 of 8,689
If you can handle a Solder iron and know how to use Shrink wrap you can make your own pretty easily. I made my own 20 footer with cable from DH Labs...called HP-1 sold in bulk...either they can terminate it or save some money and DIY... never gets tangled and zero microphonics...

This one above was made for my Mr Speakers AFC's.....which I think give the expensive HD-820 a run for their money @ 1/3 the cost...

Cheers!

I have a soldering station so I could easily do it but it would be a mess :)

And one of my silver cables has just decided to crap out on me at the plug end :frowning2:

Did you get my pm about those earpads you bought, were they good or bad ?

Cheers

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #4,260 of 8,689
Just answered....Put that Solder station to work and make yourself some great sounding Ag plated/Cu cables....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back