Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #3,976 of 8,689
Throw your budget away, wait for months, maybe get an email reply maybe not. But I do enjoy my hd800S cable.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #3,978 of 8,689
Throw your budget away, wait for months, maybe get an email reply maybe not. But I do enjoy my hd800S cable.

Lol.

My cable sounds better than your cable, it’s more airy sounding, as the split is letting in a draft.

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #3,979 of 8,689
Lol.

My cable sounds better than your cable, it’s more airy sounding, as the split is letting in a draft.

Hey Phuca, are you sure that your wife did not try to strangle you with the cable because you are just a touch obsessed with your audio gear? :deadhorse:......:darthsmile:

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #3,980 of 8,689
Hey Phuca, are you sure that your wife did not try to strangle you with the cable because you are just a touch obsessed with your audio gear? :deadhorse:......:darthsmile:

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t my wife, I think, what happens in vietnam stays in vietnam.

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #3,981 of 8,689
For $36 it's worth a try...Dekoni's are about $100...more of a gamble...I have already ordered them through Amazon US....I'll report back my findings...

Cheers!

Curious if you've received your pads ...impressions?
https://www.amazon.com/misodiko-Upg...=UTF8&qid=1543095904&sr=8-7&keywords=misodiko
Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 4.49.35 PM.png

Nov 24, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #3,982 of 8,689
Is anyone tempted by the Focal Clear at $1100 today? I still feel like it's a bit much for a headphone that seems to have reliability problems and is probably inferior in almost every way to an EQ'd HD800 S.

Then again, I did find the timbre a bit more "fun" (punchier and faster) if less realistic when I demoed it.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #3,983 of 8,689
Is anyone tempted by the Focal Clear at $1100 today? I still feel like it's a bit much for a headphone that seems to have reliability problems and is probably inferior in almost every way to an EQ'd HD800 S.

Then again, I did find the timbre a bit more "fun" (punchier and faster) if less realistic when I demoed it.

I have both the HD800s and Clear (I don't use EQ). I haven't compared the two back to back yet, but I like both and consider them to be in the same league. To my ears, both have a similar clear sound and tonality, but the HD800S has a bit more detail whereas the Clear has a bit more 'energetic' sound. If the cost isn't a big deal, I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to have both, but they sound similar enough that IMO no one 'needs' to have both to complement each other. Something like the LCD-3 is a better complement to each of them. Hope this helps.

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #3,984 of 8,689
Nov 25, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #3,986 of 8,689
I've never understood how some people can skimp on pads with high end headphones. HD800s is a $1700 headphone so why cheap out and buy $40 pads for it when you can spend a bit more and get proven quality. I don't get it.

Yeah, because more expensive is always better lol. If you're talking about Dekoni pads they're definitely seriously over priced (at least the velour version) imo. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone (for the HD800S that is).

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #3,987 of 8,689
I've never understood how some people can skimp on pads with high end headphones. HD800s is a $1700 headphone so why cheap out and buy $40 pads for it when you can spend a bit more and get proven quality. I don't get it.

I just wanted to try "something else" that looked like it might have potential versus spending over $100 for the Dekoni's when I have not read a lot of positive reviews of them...in fact more negative reviews than positive....

I have only had a a few minutes with the Misodiko's and really loved their comfort...closer feeling of my super comfy AFC's, but maybe seemed to lose the detail of the stock pads.....but this is just my initial reaction...I'll need to listen to a few of my reference recordings to make a final judgement...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3,988 of 8,689
Yeah, because more expensive is always better lol. If you're talking about Dekoni pads they're definitely seriously over priced (at least the velour version) imo. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone (for the HD800S that is).

I have to disagree, I bought the Dekoni elite sheep all leather pads blind, I put them on and found them great and they helped give me a much better clamping force comlared to the original sennheiser pads.

Some folk on nere will say now they don’t like them but I think they are great and would advise anyone looking to buy pads for the 800/S to try the elite sheep all leather pads.

For me they are great, and I couldnt go back to the stock ones now.

Nov 25, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #3,990 of 8,689
I have to disagree, I bought the Dekoni elite sheep all leather pads blind, I put them on and found them great and they helped give me a much better clamping force comlared to the original sennheiser pads.

Some folk on nere will say now they don’t like them but I think they are great and would advise anyone looking to buy pads for the 800/S to try the elite sheep all leather pads.

For me they are great, and I couldnt go back to the stock ones now.

Good that they work for you. For me the sound isn't the only problem with them I also find the built quality to be ridiculous for the price. The included tool broke upon first usage and the fabric started to losen from the ring after a week or two so I still wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back