Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jun 27, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #4,731 of 8,481
15616518556451452248544.jpg here's another setup with the dac2.

Jun 27, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #4,732 of 8,481
Mine says 800 even though mine is a S . Serial number #03990 . Weird that they would change it? I also have the Misodiko lambskin pads as the stock ones got compressed over time. I really like the new pads and do not perceive any short comings yet over the stock pads. I really wanted to get the Dekoni perforated sheepskin ones....but read too many negatives reviews on how they change the sound...

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #4,733 of 8,481
Would love to know how these alter the sound compared to the stock pads.
Just a follow up....after 2 weeks ...really liking these pads...can't say there is any obvious negative downside....the overall sound does appear to be better focused as there is a slight increase in isolation (depends on environment) as the pads are less porous than the originals. Maybe a touch more bass but overall the phones sound as good as ever and way more comfortable IMHO.
oh....and my Bryston BHA-1 never appears to sound lean or bright...just right..."clean, clear, precise and detailed".: )
800s pads.JPG

Jun 28, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #4,734 of 8,481
Just a follow up....after 2 weeks ...really liking these pads...can't say there is any obvious negative downside....the overall sound does appear to be better focused as there is a slight increase in isolation (depends on environment) as the pads are less porous than the originals. Maybe a touch more bass but overall the phones sound as good as ever and way more comfortable IMHO.
oh....and my Bryston BHA-1 never appears to sound lean or bright...just right..."clean, clear, precise and detailed".: )
do you wear them because you want the isolation?

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #4,736 of 8,481
do you wear them because you want the isolation?
Not at all as there is not a lot difference in isolation...bought them more out of curiosity to have first hand experience...to the price of the HD800S they're a relatively inexpensive alternative cushion that happened to offer more comfort and wearing stability without dramatically altering the original sound signature and IMHO so far no negatives.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #4,737 of 8,481
I love my set of misodiko's.

I have both the Dekoni Elite Sheep and the Misodiko's, although the Dekoni Elite Sheep pads are the comfiest pads that I've tried on the HD800S, they do alter the sound, but, I still like them and change pads every now and then to mix things up.

For the stock HD800S sound, I prefer to use the Misodiko's, the pads are much, much better than the original sennheiser fabric earpads that come with the HD800/800S/820.

What can I say, the misodiko pads really are that good, and the build quality is superb. For $/£35.00 every HD8** owner should have a pair of misodiko's lambskin earpads.

We have to have a good reason to kill newborn lambs, making lambskin leather earpads out of them is a good enough reason for me.

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #4,738 of 8,481

I have both the Dekoni Elite Sheep and the Misodiko's, although the Dekoni Elite Sheep pads are the comfiest pads that I've tried on the HD800S, they do alter the sound, but, I still like them and change pads every now and then to mix things up.

For the stock HD800S sound, I prefer to use the Misodiko's, the pads are much, much better than the original sennheiser fabric earpads that come with the HD800/800S/820.

What can I say, the misodiko pads really are that good, and the build quality is superb. For $/£35.00 every HD8** owner should have a pair of misodiko's lambskin earpads.

We have to have a good reason to kill newborn lambs, making lambskin leather earpads out of them is a good enough reason for me.
lol, nice, I was the one who started the whole pads replacement and now good I waited cause I didn't want it to change the sound. if the misodikos doesn't then it should be first choice. I am not sure if to order it now because my pads are still almost new.

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #4,739 of 8,481

Sounds interesting. Where to get them? I know Big A$ has them. The seller behind A$ is called misodiko shop - the real thing? And how to avoid cheap (not sheep, pardon the pun) Chinese falsifications if such exist?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back