1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by shabta, Jan 19, 2016.
First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last
  1. vlach
    Very well said.

2. martyn73
    My trust USB B cable lacks side-fumbling characteristics.

3. llcook51
    Congrats on the new acquisition and the "real sound."

4. S Crowther
    I have recently bought a Denafrips Terminator DAC. Previously I was using a Chord TT. Both feed a V281.
    I could not listen very long to the HD800S using the Chord, the phones sounded too thin and too peaky in the treble. With the Terminator they have become my go to phones: smooth, rich and no treble peak.
    DACS do make a difference. It is a question of matching I suppose

Arniesb likes this.
  5. Randonneur
    You're running a $500 USB cable attached to a $400 dac/amp combo? Or as a connector to a DAC and the V280?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  6. Arniesb
    For both, still cant choose new dac... too many choices. Its hard for me to get dac that strikes perfect tonal balance. Will buy something smoother next time, qutest or save up for tt 2...

7. Whazzzup
    I found a server helped TT imensly.

8. Arniesb
    I listened to my friends 2qute on both Usb and optical with my Violectric V280. It sounded great trough optical, but now i understand comments about chords harsness... It sounded realy harsh on usb. Fpga chip is probably even more sensitive to noisy usb than other solutions... Interestingly When i listened Dave year ago it sounded great even on usb, Optical still better thou. Too bad didnt had chance to try my new wireworld with 2qute... Probably would have helped with its separeted power line Cause it sound lot smoother on my sabre dac...

9. Arniesb
    It sure looks awesome, there is ton of enginering there isnt only focus on good chip...

10. ZappaMan
    A 6k server ?

11. Rob80b
    In this case it's not really skimping but more curiosity in how the all leather ear-pads would affect the sound and comfort.

The one below I posted earlier is skimping:ksc75smile:....$10 vs $110.00...although not the same workmanship happy to report the sound and feel are identical...: )
    Seriously though OEMs are always known to cost more just because they are.... OEMs... and without a change in quality can have an asking price of 10 to 1 over an identical non OEM part...and this applies to auto parts, vacuum cleaner bags, ink cartridges...almost anything and everything. Just comes down to how one wishes to part with their money...and skimping vs gouging.....if the non OEM replacements suck I'm the first to order from the original manufacturer. : )

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  12. Rob80b
    That sounds promising... even though they cost more than a descent pair of leather gloves....how's the build quality?

13. lurk
    is the headband foampads replaceable like the earpads?

14. Arniesb
    ye
    yes it is. Thats a big plus for Sennheiser.

15. lurk
    any 3rd party to recommend?

First

Back
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
Next

Last