1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by shabta, Jan 19, 2016.
First

Back
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
Next

Last
  1. Mrstump5
    Just order them from amazon. And return them within 30 days to your all your money back guaranteed

2. Phronesis
    Thanks, good suggestion. If they carry it, I buy all my stuff from Gramophone. They're not an in-store dealer for Sennheiser. They have some Sennheiser headphones in their online store, but not the HD800S. I suppose I can email them to ask if they can get the HD800S, but might be easier to just buy through Amazon (if Amazon is an authorized dealer).

3. Nik74
    I recall a couple of very unfortunate transactions that hve recently been reported here by people who bought their 800S from Amazon... Can't produce links but if I were you I d choose an authorized dealer

joseph69 likes this.
  4. Amberlamps
    If anyone has droping earphone syndrome on the HD800S, and I also presume the HD800. I have found a fix which may or may not of been posted previously.

It’s safe if care is applied and takes roughly 2 minutes and it will cure the speakers from falling down everytime you pick them up or move your head.

It should also last a very long time, if not it can be done again.

The way its done is over on the HD800 impression thread. It has made my 800S feel better than new, now my can’s only come down if I physically pull them down and it’s a nice loud click, they are held in place perfectly now.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  5. exdmd
    I believe this is the fix referred to please correct if wrong.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  6. Amberlamps
    Umm it’s kinda the same, but that one is more fiddly than it needs to be. Taking the ball bearing out with tweezers etc, absolutely no need for that at all.

If you see the size of the ball bearing, you will understand why taking it out is an extremely bad idea.

What you do is, take the headband off, then where the ball bearing is, there is a piece of metal ontop that pushes it down, there is a small part of that top piece of metal bending down, all you have to do is take something blunt and gently push that piece of metal, it adds more force to the ballbearing, which inturn makes the headphones not slip down.

The way it’s done in the link is far far too fiddly and not needed. My way takes 30 seconds to remove the headband, 5 seconds to extend the headphones fully, 10 seconds to find and gently push the metal plate down a millimetre or so on each side and then 30 seconds to to put the headband back on.

If you take off the headband and find the ball bearings, you will see how that persons way is an extremely bad idea. The ball bearing is the size of a pin head and the metal plate that holds it is about 5mm long.

I posted my fix just a day or so ago, and I would advise everyone to not remove the metal plate and the ball bearing, as doing so is will probably mean returning your headphones to sennheiser because the ball bearing got lost.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  7. hutzelmeier
    I ordered mine here; Jan Meier is very helpful and friendly.

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de

8. Phronesis
    Here's the response from Sennheiser:

"Hi, Yes Amazon is one of our authorized dealers. Just make sure you are purchasing from Amazon themselves and not someone that is just using Amazon as a seller.

Normally the way to know it is through Amazon is it will show Amazon and under that by the product it will show our brand name in blue."​

FredoIsFishing likes this.
  9. Fernando Goñi
    Which cable do you suggest?

10. Whazzzup
    I do feel differently about copper and silver cables. The real issue is ones source then ones dac. A high quality type six silver litz sounds fantastic on hd800S. As I’m sure a quality copper will as well, I think tone is generated far more by other components. But carry on, a lot of audiophillia is hanging ones hat on conceptions so whatever works

peter123 likes this.
  11. Phronesis
    I’m in the camp that believes that cables all sound essentially the same. I realize some people think otherwise, but I know from personal experience that expectations can substantially influence our perceptions at a subconscious level without our conscious awareness. The book Subliminal by Leonard Mlodinow is a great read on this general topic.

Brooko and chimney189 like this.
  12. Amberlamps
  13. Rob80b
  14. AutumnCrown
    Technical question:
    When headphones like HD800 S have the FR measured, does the extra second harmonic distortion (assuming it exists) show as elevated bass in that line? or would it not, because they only measure one frequency at a time and ignore distortion products? happening at other frequencies

15. Whazzzup
    No

First

Back
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269
Next

Last