1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by shabta, Jan 19, 2016.
First

Back
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
Next

Last
  1. Arthur Li
    I haven't received any reply yet. BTW, I recommend not to replace the silver cable with a black one. In my experience, the black one tends to be scratched very easily when being plugged and unplugged.

2. Ichos
    Well now it's done , no way back....
    Full black :metal:

3. Lay.
    I bought mine this summer.
    The Box came with velvet liner.
    The balanced cable is the silver one.
    No rough edges.

I'm using the 4.4mm Pentaconn cable and no plans of changing the XLR4 cable.

4. Ichos
    Just received the black cable.
    Now the headphone sounds as it should be :beyersmile:

5. twiceboss
    Im sorry guys but I tried putting dolby atmos to HD800 and im just loving it too much. Sorry to anyone triggered with software tweak ...

also, i pumped bass with Loki. The dolby atmos just improves sound separation and imaging to the next level. I just ....

Malfunkt likes this.
  6. casper3127
    Honestly speaking, can't imagine a furher level regarding imaging and sound separation when speaking of these scene monsters...

7. Mrstump5
    So im about to buy an hd800S and pair it with a holospring. Idk what amp to get. I was thinking a mjolnir audio pure bipolar. Tubes are kind of intimidating to me in all honesty. I dont know enough about them and i hear about tube hum and it make me worry even more. Idk what to do. I dont want the hdv820

8. crayons23
    I have some excellent condition hd800 S with cardas clear cable I would like to sell

9. Mrstump5
    I would only buy new bc of warranty purposes

10. Whazzzup
    gsx mk2. You better like the holo as it’s wire and gain balanced amp.

11. Mrstump5
    I don't understand what you mean. Also i hear from many people the gsx mk2 is bright and glarey

12. Whazzzup
    Not at all. The folks that say that probably have a bright and glare dac and or bright and glare source. Wire and gain refers that it’s a solid state transparent amp. So you have to be comfortable with the dac you are amping, the better the dac the better the output. So in my system I have never enjoyed hd800S as much with no fatigue. Plus gsx mk2 can run any hp susvara check....it’s a true balanced amp from end to end. It really just steps out of the way and provides that bloom. A pre amps highest compliment.
    I only mentioned it cause you said no tubes. That’s how I feel, it’s not going to give color or warmth, and buy the way, not knocking preferences, that code for distortion.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    ZappaMan likes this.
  13. twiceboss
    try it pls! windows 10 has that trial for free 30days. Try it out. But again, im a basshead, i do crank bass using loki. The bass is controlled af

14. sheldaze
    • Simaudio Moon NEO 430HA
    • Schiit Ragnarok
    • Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold (used)
    • Audio-GD Master 9
    • Bryston BHA-1
    • SPL Phonitor X (not personally heard this, but reviews are positive)
    • HeadAmp GS-X mkii
    The list goes on, and on...

But if you have not heard the Holo Spring, why not just try an all-in-one and get a taste of the R2R NOS sound via the Holo Cyan?

15. davisman
    These headphones are currently blowing my mind. A headphone I never intended to own. I bought these out of spite from Amazon after they fawked up my Z1R order intending to return them once the Z1R came back in stock at a lower price. I know I can be petty, but they sold the last pair in stock twice and sent me a Sony MDR1A thinking I wouldn't notice. I am still going to return the 800s even though they are amazing because they are damaged, someone has dented one of the drivers. In the future, I will be steering clear of Amazon for high-end headphone purchases. Anyway.

The first album I tried The National-Trouble Will Find Me. Track after track it was getting better and better. Then I get to toward the end of This is The Last Time and wow. I don't even know how to describe it, the female voice floats in and out of each side. I am sure I have heard that plenty of times before, but the way the hd800s handles it is just fantastic.

Fawk, this just got hard trying to decide on my next headphone. I am more lost than ever. Thought the z1r would be perfect for me coming from the th900 but now I am not so sure. I think it is between the hd 800s and the hd 820.

First

Back
245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254
256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265
Next

Last