1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by shabta, Jan 19, 2016.
First

Back
242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251
253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262
Next

Last
  1. crayons23
    H2 overheating is a known issue, and if you ask an honest person they will admit it off the Record. I have no problem mentioning this publicly. Chord is putting profits over customer service by not admitting this issue to be a problem.

2. x RELIC x Contributor
    Maybe for some, but I’ve never had an issue with overheating on the H2. Also, I value honesty very highly and implying that those that don’t publicly ‘admit’ to having your (and some others) issue seems rather generalized, and borderline offensive, to those that are both honest and without an overheating issue.

To keep it relevant, I find the HD800S too bright for my tastes, even from the Liquid Gold, compared to my other headphones (honestly). Now, should that mean everyone else that really likes them is not honest? See where that sort of logic can fall apart...

3. crayons23
    I mean I hear what you are saying but I am sorry the h2 overheating is a known issue. I have talked personally to over 20 people who had this issue. A person two posts ago said he has a friend who had the issue. It's not a subjective argument such as bass or no bass, etc.

4. x RELIC x Contributor
    Perhaps you misinterpreted my post. I’m not saying that you or others don’t have any issue. That much has been clear.

I’m saying that it reads like you are implying that those who don’t have an issue are liars. That’s just not right.

5. crayons23
    I am not saying that those that do not are liars nor am I trying to imply that. I am saying the company chord has not been forthcoming about this being a known issue.

6. x RELIC x Contributor
    Understood.

7. crayons23
    Also in addition to their not being forthcoming, chord dealers and distributors are also not being forthcoming about this known issue. They are putting profits over customers. It's very sad when this happens.

8. LarryMagoo
    I use my Oppo HA-1 HP Amp using the Yggy instead of the on-board DS ESS 9018 DAC. Its Class A power makes the 800S have all the bass I need as well as letting the AFC's shine their best. I use both with a 20 Ft cable that seems to perform well with both HP's.
    Glad I don't have any over-heating issues with my set-up....that's got to a bit maddening. It's also a bummer that Oppo bowed out of the musical component business...they seemed to make great stuff...

9. crayons23
    Nice I am using a 20ft wire world nano eclipse cable as well. What's really maddening is being told I am the only one having the problem which is exactly what the dealer and distributors told me. Especially when I knew for a fact that was not the case

10. Amberlamps
    I had no idea that it was a problem, common or not.

The only person I know who has had that problem was my buddy. That was the first time I had come across anyone with the problem.

My Hugo 2, it runs sweet as, thankfully.

I wouldn’t go as far as saying Chord are putting profits over customer service, only this week did Chord help me and which I could not of asked for more. < I was very impressed with their help.

Overheating can be caused by many things, do you know what the specific cause is ?

I am asking merely as a concerned Hugo 2 owner.

Cheers

11. crayons23
    i am not an expert on electronics but in my non scientific research of asking many people
    the issue seems to revolve around an unspecified number of units that have a defect
    in the rechargeable battery. it's my understanding that chord is aware of the problem but
    does not know how many units are affected. the public response is to deny
    there is a problem and some (not all) dealers and distributors will go so far as to make
    the person who is having this known issue feel like they are the only person having
    said issue. i was very happy with the sound of the hugo 2, it was end game for me but
    this defect was too much for me. i encountered it in two separate units! now that i am using
    the ps audio it has brought new life to my hd800S. the synergy blows the H2 away, i guess
    everything happens for a reason.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Amberlamps likes this.
  12. Whazzzup
    The ps audio looks like a fine desktop. It’s natural competition from chord would be tt2 tho.

13. Alson Chua
    Vitaly2017 likes this.
  14. smodtactical
    Wow impressive you liked the HDV820 more than the venerable WA22. Which dac were you using with the WA22 ?

I just got the 820 from @Vitaly2017 and I am truly impressed. It blows away my Burson conductor SL 9018 which is a great amp+dac in its own right.

I am curious though about what something like yggy2+V281 or even yggy2+HDV820 would sound like.

15. Vitaly2017
    Crazzy that wa22 is one hell pricey amp to yayks

First

Back
242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251
253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262
Next

Last