1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by shabta, Jan 19, 2016.
First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last
  1. LarryMagoo

I wanted a closed HP for late night listening.....I listened to the new HD 820 and thought though I liked a lot of the sound, it was no way as nice as my 800S especially for $2400!

I got the Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Closed or AFC's for short.....They feel so good in your hands and extremely comfortable on your head....plus they really sound great. For a low impedance HP though they need some juice to sound their best....ie not really meant for Cell phone and associated small amps.....give them some power and they will impress all who listen!

Whitigir likes this.
  2. hf6576
    Which side physics is on depends on the recordings.
    For normal stereo recordings, it is assumed that before the sound goes through your auditory canal, it is reflected by the outer ear. A part of sound even avoids the canal and penetrates your flesh and bones. In this sense, speakers are better than headphones, and headphones are better than IEMs.

LarryMagoo likes this.
  3. Vitaly2017
  4. S Crowther
    I rather like the Ultrasone ed.5

LarryMagoo likes this.
  5. smodtactical
    Anyone having a problem with their ear pads popping/falling off. I actually sent my HD800S in for repair because of this and when I got it back they stayed in place for a month or two then started falling off again. I try to click the pads in place with equal pressure but 1 part will always just pop off.

Tried to search around but found no solution.

6. KaiserTK
    I just padswapped for a new set of stock pads, and it required a lot of squeezing pressure all around the rim at the same time until the pads stuck in place (my fingers cramped lol).

7. Whitigir
    Yeah, it can be painful sometimes. I think Hd800s is the toughest to replace pads by this mechanism, but it is great engineering as my pads stay in there like a champ

8. donlin
    That’s the first time I’ve heard of that problem. Has never happened to me.

9. Lay.
    Do you guys think that the box full of padding was big enough for one cable? :ksc75smile:

[​IMG]

10. smodtactical
    Sennheiser support gave me this picture... did it and it worked perfectly and was really easy!

[​IMG]

Windseeker and Whitigir like this.
  11. Whitigir
    Lay it on the tables, then slap it ass, period ! LOL! No fingering though...no fingering! I was joking, but that was very informative

smodtactical likes this.
  12. donlin
    Thanks for posting, that's really useful information.

smodtactical likes this.
  13. Arniesb
    So much engineering in these headphones and they cant make better mechanism for attaching earpads... i hope for next time they do something better.

14. smodtactical
    LOL... maybe just an over around rim elastic attachment like ZMF headphones.

Arniesb likes this.
  15. Arniesb
    I would like to see something like on Meze empyrean.

First

Back
240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249
251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last