Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived
Nov 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #604 of 746
  My number is 09165. I would put up the graph,if i knew how (at 74 years old,not very good with computers.) I am about to replace the cable,with a balanced one.Any tips on removing the cables,as they seem very,very tight!.

I am using the hd 800 with OPPO HA 1,for me an excellent match.Certainly,no sibilance.The very top end of my hearing,is not what it was,so any treble problems that anybody has,will melt away after 74 years of age!!.

Like they say "you are never to old" or in your case never to young Arthur 
biggrin.gif

As far as removing the cable from the headphone itself it is in fact very tight usually, almost feeling like you need a pair of Vicegrips to pluck them from their socket.

Best plan of attack (and without the use of Vicegrips ....lol) is to firmly pinch the metal connector from the headphone and pull with all your might.  Make sure not to pull on the cable itself for obvious reasons.

Once the cable is free you will notice that next time around it is a tad easier to remove if required.  Make sure also that as you pull on the metal connector that your hand or other hand is not gripping or squeezing somewhere else on the headphone.

May take a few tries ..... be patient with it whatever you do.

Let us know how you make out.  Enjoy your new cables and setup

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #606 of 746
  Thanks very much for your help.Cable should be here any day. The HA 1,and the HD 800,for me, sound wonderful.Playing through the Amps,almost as good.

Good to hear, glad you are enjoying them.

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #607 of 746
i wondered if i would notice a difference,going from standard cable, to balanced,Yes i do. The main difference seems to be a greater depth of soundstage.( Not Width) Strange,but even with the 846,there seems to be an extra depth to the sound. Imagined,or real?. Does not matter. Works for me.

Dec 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #610 of 746
Dec 18, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #611 of 746
Jan 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #614 of 746

6k bullet. I'm very dissapointed... Has anybody here experiences with the support? Will they replace it?

In all honesty I have seen far worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back