Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
Mar 29, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3,211 of 6,607
@Shahrose

I didn't note the tube used, sorry. Could have been stock, but you never know what they put in at trade shows.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,212 of 6,607

Quote:
You know what, I took some more time to look over your setup and it's not bad. I apologize for not checking more carefully before. If you're still looking for upgrade paths, I'd focus on the DAC next. If you want a smoother, warmer, more expansive sound, you can look into an M^3+Sigma-11 amp. If you want to keep the same sound but upgrade "technically", then look into a used GS-1 (esp DACT). Alternatively, for a more subtle upgrade, you could pick up a used aftermarket cable. My favourite is the one I'm using now, as it's the only silver that has retained all of silver's inherent benefits without the thin, wiry sound. However, if you're looking for something cheap, get any UPOCC copper cable. I've seen some go for as low as $100 on the sale forums.

skeptic posted some good recommendations, but I'd remove the Sheer Audio stuff form his list. I owned their best offering. It was nothing like the Headamp products, despite being based on somewhat similar Dynalo designs.

Thanks for the tips. Got any ideas on a DAC that would be a good upgrade from my M1DAC A?

I think I am set in the amp department for now unless I go for the GS-1. Still waiting for pics from the seller. I'll look to try out a copper cable soon-ish.

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3,213 of 6,607

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. Got any ideas on a DAC that would be a good upgrade from my M1DAC A?

I think I am set in the amp department for now unless I go for the GS-1. Still waiting for pics from the seller. I'll look to try out a copper cable soon-ish.

Would probably be best if you searched on the forums or made a separate thread for it. I think I've gone off-topic a bit too many times here.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #3,215 of 6,607
Well it's Friday and I've just suffered through the longest work day anticipating the delivery of my HD800. There was no package waiting for me when I arrived home. Australia Post suck. 
mad.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #3,216 of 6,607
Well on the bright side, today was shorter than tomorrow. I think there's a bright side there.. somewhere. Or a long weekend if they don't deliver on Saturdays :x

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,217 of 6,607

Quote:
Well it's Friday and I've just suffered through the longest work day anticipating the delivery of my HD800. There was no package waiting for me when I arrived home. Australia Post suck. 
mad.gif

Have you checked your mailbox? When I bought my HD800 they were shipped with USPS Priority Mail (without Signature), but when they got here in Australia they demanded a signature. I wasn't home so they didn't leave the box there.

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #3,218 of 6,607
After literally a couple of years deliberating, I finally got my 800's today. Haven't spent a lot of time with them yet but what I've heard so far is very good. Nice match with my RSA Raptor. Looking forward to many hours of musical enjoyment from these cans. I'm wondering why I waited so long!

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #3,219 of 6,607

Quote:
Will do. Just have one last question for our Senn rep here to return about warranty stuff before I order up.

Why not just ask Sennheiser (I assume Sennheiser USA) direct - it will be much faster.

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #3,220 of 6,607
I just bough a HD800, however, i need a better amp to drive it. My luxman P200 is not doing any good with it.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #3,222 of 6,607
I just picked up a HD800 from craigslist for $900 pretty good condition just a tiny scratch on the bottom, serial number 13147.  The guy shortened the cable and terminated it with some copper 1/4" jack,  its ok since i plan on buying some after market cable for it anyways.  Now all i need to do is sell my new LCD-2 since I cant keep both
triportsad.gif

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #3,223 of 6,607
My LCD-2 was listed in the For Sale forum prior to pulling the trigger on the HD800. Switching inputs on my dac (usb to toslink) has given me a new perspective on the rev.2. Still waiting for the HD800, but I've closed my FS listing. The LCD-2/HD800 pair seems like the perfect combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back