Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
May 28, 2009 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6,607

madmax7

500+ Head-Fier
Well, someone had to start it, and with a few people with them in hand tonight and more to be delivered tomorrow and Friday, let's get the party started. I'll have mine on Friday. It's been a long wait, time to enjoy.
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #4 of 6,607
Why not wait until people have a chance to live with them for a few weeks so they can post real impressions, not just the ooohs an ahhhhs of new toy love, especially if these cans live up to the first impressions of the handful of folks who heard them? CanJam will offer enough first-take type impressions. Appreciation should be something that grows, and can be articulated best when out of the initial crush-love phase I hope to experience.

May 28, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 6,607
These appreciation threads are for the ooohs and aaahs so doesn´t really matter does it
smily_headphones1.gif
. I am sure there will be 500 other threads to come as well.

May 28, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #6 of 6,607
please wait until you've had enough time to appreciate the can's strengths and weaknesses before you jump on the "oh god its so good" bandwagon just for the sake of being the one to make the thread...
edit: woot boomana and I are on the same page!

May 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #9 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please wait until you've had enough time to appreciate the can's strengths and weaknesses before you jump on the "oh god its so good" bandwagon just for the sake of being the one to make the thread...
edit: woot boomana and I are on the same page!

Sweet! I just got called a bandwagon'er from someone who has been a member for less than 2 months! LMAO.

May 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #11 of 6,607
I only got to listen for about an hour last night, so not ready to talk about how they sound yet. I have to say that I don't like the way they look-just seem goofy. Comfortable though.

May 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #12 of 6,607
To be honest, I knew I would get some flames for starting this thread, but it's just an appreciation thread like any other. And yes, oqvist and boomana are correct, however it's pretty much like that with any new arrival. Ten fold with an arrival like this. It's just a thread, no big deal.

May 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #13 of 6,607
Mine get here today, and, will be a "production" unit. IFF CJ impression posts are made, can we agree to tag those as 'pre-production', even if there is no, er, differences?

I will refrain from posting anything for a few days, mainly because I believe in breakin, and am using an altered (balanced) cable, as well as an aftermarket (again, deferring comment until it all settles in).

I will NOT baseline SE, as that is just a waste of time, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back