Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
May 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #31 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I don't know, they are not on the parts list yet.

But as the HD 800 pads are unique to the 800, it is unlikely they will be changed.

Thanks John.

I am a bit affraid to buy such expensive headphones if i'm not able to find exactly the same replacement parts for it in the future if i need.

I hope you understand me.I don't wanna spend 1000 euros on these cans and have problems again in the future.

May 28, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #32 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not wait until people have a chance to live with them for a few weeks so they can post real impressions, not just the ooohs an ahhhhs of new toy love, especially if these cans live up to the first impressions of the handful of folks who heard them? CanJam will offer enough first-take type impressions. Appreciation should be something that grows, and can be articulated best when out of the initial crush-love phase I hope to experience.

I agree. But since there will be no stopping further "gushing over with anticipation" type posts for the next few days I won't bother looking in on this thread for about another week. Hopefully by then there will be actual owner impressions that convey meaningful information rather than more hype.

That said, I am looking forward to what those of you who are part of the initial wave of new owners have to say concerning your listening experiences with the HD800.

--Jerome

May 28, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #33 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks John.

I am a bit affraid to buy such expensive headphones if i'm not able to find exactly the same replacement parts for it in the future if i need.

I hope you understand me.I don't wanna spend 1000 euros on these cans and have problems again in the future.

I have never heard of any change on any Sennheiser earpads other than the one you mentioned - I think you will be safe.

May 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #35 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what the heck I've been off HF for a week and the HD800's are shipping? I haven't received any notice from headroom ....

I picked mine up in person at Music Direct yesterday afternoon. They sold two over the phone during the 15 minutes I was there.

May 28, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #39 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, no - you haven't been reading the threads - the first ones are *already* with the end users - from yesterday I think.
biggrin.gif

Oh! Sorry then...
tongue.gif

..and now the pictures and impressions start showing up. Nice!

May 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #41 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone find it odd that the few people here that have already received them aren't posting even the slightest impression? You don't have to go into details, but to they sound good at least??? Maybe people aren't used to hearing accurate soundstaging through headphones, I dunno.

Maybe they're so amazed by the sound they forgot about head-fi.

May 28, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #42 of 6,607
Quote:

Does anyone find it odd that the few people here that have already received them aren't posting even the slightest impression? You don't have to go into details, but to they sound good at least??? Maybe people aren't used to hearing accurate soundstaging through headphones, I dunno.

my guess is people are actually listening to them. Once people come out with comparisons, then you'll see more people going into detail.. nevermind that most of these posts will be from people that haven't heard them directly, but in fact have heard something they have been compared to, and voila we're off to the races.

May 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #43 of 6,607
Quote:

Not really, I didn't post my DX1000 review yet to ensure it is fully run in first before posting to be fair to the phone.

May 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #44 of 6,607
Quote:

I think you may be onto something with the idea of not being used to such accurate sound. I was trying to hold off on saying anything, but with the understanding that this is extremely preliminary I will say that at first I was not blown away by the sound, compared to my Denon D7000's, as I was expecting (hoping) to be based on the advanced hype. They absolutely sound very good and without question better than HD600/650. I think having listened to the Denon's almost exclusively since December, the more accurate bass balance of the 800's made them sound lightweight on first listen. As time went on (and it wasn't much time with many interruptions from my son) I started to get the feeling that they really are something special. Immediately obvious strong points are a treble that is very natural and non-fatiguing with the least vocal sibilance I have experienced, also the headstage is wide open. It was not just way way better than the Denon's in one-two hours of listening. Time spent over the weekend should shed more light.

May 28, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #45 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are on my head right now but I will refrain from comments at this point.

VERY NICE!! I can see the small "2 years warranty" written on the box!

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back