Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #7,786 of 9,597
HD650 does not meet my treble transparency standards. HD660S misses it by a few light years.

But really here is the thing, I normally like headphones that are close to the diffuse field target curve. it gives a more "livelike sound presentation", where the free field target curve is more a “ good speakers at home " sound. ( A very short summary, go down the internet rabbit hole if you want to know more)

But does that mean I think every thing else is bad, or crappy? No, and I respect that other people may like headphones, that are tuned differently.

And when it comes to the discussion about HD650 to HD660s, and you what to make a comparison as to what is better, then I'd start by asking what is your target curve or you preferred sound? Comparing like to like so to say.

Now, Sennheiser has with the HD660s made a move to target the "mobile audiofphile" marked, using a 150 ohm driver instead of a 300, and that has it's compromises. Just as Beye with it's T1 gen 3. But seeing as Sennheiser has sold to Sonova, the HD660s will likely be the last good headphone we will see in a long time. Just look at the HD8XX... But that's another rant...

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #7,787 of 9,597
But really here is the thing, I normally like headphones that are close to the diffuse field target curve. it gives a more "livelike sound presentation", where the free field target curve is more a “ good speakers at home " sound. ( A very short summary, go down the internet rabbit hole if you want to know more)

But does that mean I think every thing else is bad, or crappy? No, and I respect that other people may like headphones, that are tuned differently.

And when it comes to the discussion about HD650 to HD660s, and you what to make a comparison as to what is better, then I'd start by asking what is your target curve or you preferred sound? Comparing like to like so to say.

Now, Sennheiser has with the HD660s made a move to target the "mobile audiofphile" marked, using a 150 ohm driver instead of a 300, and that has it's compromises. Just as Beye with it's T1 gen 3. But seeing as Sennheiser has sold to Sonova, the HD660s will likely be the last good headphone we will see in a long time. Just look at the HD8XX... But that's another rant...
Let it go Man, just…..let it go.

Taken some time to enjoy your Music with what you have. Getting all bent out of shape over graphs, numbers and what might have been is a futile journey.

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #7,789 of 9,597
Let it go Man, just…..let it go.

Taken some time to enjoy your Music with what you have. Getting all bent out of shape over graphs, numbers and what might have been is a futile journey.
:beerchug:

Sep 21, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #7,791 of 9,597
Getting the best performing gear makes your music sound the best it possibly can
What is the best music to listen?

Sep 21, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #7,794 of 9,597
Sep 21, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #7,795 of 9,597
You must be like a man of culture! What's your best gear like????
Surgical Scalpel + 16-inch MacBook Pro
graph - 2021-09-21T090541.057.png

Sep 21, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #7,796 of 9,597
Then why would I want to trust a emotionless robot ? You everywhere, got bored of the 880 thread ? :scream:
I have ignored this poster. Seems like he can't let others enjoy their ears and hence the music. oh well, to each their own.

Sep 21, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #7,799 of 9,597
I use the foam tips for 6+ hours a day with zero discomfort
I would get brainfog from that many hours with IEM's that are not openback. That's why I like my HD650 instead

Sep 21, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #7,800 of 9,597
Two different people with different gear...hopefully both enjoying their music the best way they know how.

Sounds like a win for each of them!

FWIW, I've got Etys and Senns...and enjoy them both. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back