Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Nov 9, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #993 of 9,618
Not to worry...Canada is still left out in the cold also...
and our "mighty" dollar is pegging them at $679.95....so then more time waiting for a possible price drop : (

Dang, that could get both the 600/650.

Also the gentleman who said he wanted the 598 for running outside in winter, and possibly considering the 660S, probably isn't in Canada :p

The cold air with moisture would surely ruin an open can outdoors in winter. Unless he's near the equator or summat :D

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #994 of 9,618
500 euro ear Warmers.... :D

When you guys go to the bathroom do you use toilet paper or simply use your wallets...? :D

If you used the wallet, the Benjamins would be ok.

But in all seriousness, that is just plain wrong as an ear-warmer while running. All the sweat and stuff would absorb into the pads. I've cut open old pads before and was shocked :xf_eek: and what is absorbed in there.

*sry 4 doublepost :D

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #995 of 9,618
If you used the wallet, the Benjamins would be ok.

But in all seriousness, that is just plain wrong as an ear-warmer while running. All the sweat and stuff would absorb into the pads. I've cut open old pads before and was shocked :xf_eek: and what is absorbed in there.

*sry 4 doublepost :D
I once bought a HD700 from a pipe smoker. Boy what a stink. But after washing the pads and baffle covers at 30 degrees Celsius in a normal washing machine all was fine. You could also wash them at times, why not?

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #996 of 9,618
Yep. Thats great and all for those folks who live in the US, UK, france germany....

What really annoys me is when a so called worldwide company ( @Sennheiser ) does not have a online store that ships.... Well.... Worldwide. And then people from 3rd world countries like Portugal, italy and others are left to wait for some third party seller to get their products (yei!!!! Half or one year after release)....

Sort your €€€€ out please sennheiser.... Love you, love your headphones but we are in 2017 for god sake...

Hi Pedro,
I'm from Portugal and the HD660 are already available in Spanish stores (supersonido for example) and they ship to Portugal for free.
Abraço.

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #997 of 9,618
Sennheiser apparently offer 20% for students, anyone know how to get the code to work online? I got a code from a student but it enters but does nothing.

Nov 9, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #998 of 9,618
Hi Pedro,
I'm from Portugal and the HD660 are already available in Spanish stores (supersonido for example) and they ship to Portugal for free.
Abraço.
I know. But like like i was saying its a third party seller. Its a bit of a pitty tk not be able to use discount codes lkke others because sennheiser refuses to sell to countries like Portugal. Also if i am not buying directly from the brand, there is only one seller i would trust my money and that is Amazon. I trust them more than anyone.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #1,000 of 9,618
I agree, the conflicting opinions can have members running in circles.
I had the perfect timing. I got mine before anybody else and could build my own opinion. On top, I have no guru who tells me the only possible truth. I love what the HD660S does straight out of my DAP, basta. Thank you Sennheiser for making this possible at a reasonable price.

Nov 10, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #1,001 of 9,618
While I'm waiting for my Hd660S, I'm listening through my beloved Hd700. This is the headphone I want to compare the Hd660s whit. Because of the price and... also because the hd600/650 comparison is now more than clear :beyersmile: Hd700 with, i.e., Mahler 4th Karajan, totally mesmerizes me with that warm, surrounding, yet detailed sound. Let's see what that driver does in the 6xx frame.

Nov 10, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #1,002 of 9,618
I’m REALLY liking these headphones. :gs1000smile:

WwrgNq.jpg

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #1,005 of 9,618
Too bad that the pads are thinner at the edge (as people say), this would worsen the already stiff feeling of the pads pressing the head.
I'm really curious about the pads, looking at the pics I'm not able to see the difference with the 600/650 pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back