Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Nov 9, 2017 at 5:58 AM Post #976 of 9,597
I should sue you. You’ve just made me, by twisting my arm, spend $500 on another pair of headphones.

Signing up for the Sennheiser newsletter generates a 10% off code. I got a 20% off code by pleading with them. No need to pay full MSRP.

Nov 9, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #977 of 9,597
Signing up for the Sennheiser newsletter generates a 10% off code. I got a 20% off code by pleading with them. No need to pay full MSRP.
Yep. Thats great and all for those folks who live in the US, UK, france germany....

What really annoys me is when a so called worldwide company ( @Sennheiser ) does not have a online store that ships.... Well.... Worldwide. And then people from 3rd world countries like Portugal, italy and others are left to wait for some third party seller to get their products (yei!!!! Half or one year after release)....

Sort your €€€€ out please sennheiser.... Love you, love your headphones but we are in 2017 for god sake...

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #978 of 9,597
Yep. Thats great and all those folks who live in the US, UK, france germany....

What really annoys me is when a so called worldwide company ( @Sennheiser ) does not have a online store that ships.... Well.... Worldwide. And then people from 3rd world countries like Portugal, italy and others are left to wait for some third party seller to get their products (yei!!!! Half or one year after release)....

Sort your €€€€ out please sennheiser.... Love you, love your headphones but we are in 2017 for god sake...
Quote and totally agree!!! @Sennheiser

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #979 of 9,597
Yep. Thats great and all for those folks who live in the US, UK, france germany....

Pedro,
to talk of Portugal as a 3rd world country is hillarious. People in such countries don't care about headphones for sure. Calm down all is good.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #980 of 9,597
Nov 9, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #981 of 9,597
Come on, Italia Roma you live where other want to be!
@pietcux , Pedro was clearly ironic, we clearly don't leave in third-world countries. I love where I live, we are ironizing on the choices of Sennheiser for their e-shops. We don't understand why we have to wait one month more than other countries.
Calm down :wink: (joking).

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #982 of 9,597
@pietcux , Pedro was clearly ironic, we clearly don't leave in third-world countries. I love where I live, we are ironizing on the choices of Sennheiser for their e-shops. We don't understand why we have to wait one month more than other countries.
Calm down :wink: (joking).

I am cool as ice....I need ear warmers(HD660S), winter is coming on this side of the Alps

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #984 of 9,597
Here's some unedited rambling.

Good one about the ear warmers. I've been tempted to buy some hd598's for running in the winter. Maybe I'll just get some of these!

A couple concerning elements to this story. They are recycling(?) HD700 drivers, potentially because of the unpopularity of the hd700?
It seems it will be an improvement for some people and a sideways move for others. I am the first to admit to and partake in the fun of buying more gear and comparing it. As well as enjoying the subtle differences. I have to say I'm a little surprised and curious from afar at the this new line, however, I haven't heard them and likely won't for a long time. It seems suspect to me and points to a possibility that they did their best to tune those drivers in what is classically an excellent sounding housing, and may not have really improved things across the board, as we had hoped they would.

I think it illustrates that while headphones have been improving immensely over the years, the really good ones that stand the test of time represent an interesting pivot point. A point where it is unnecessary to buy another pair of headphones (but that's no fun...). That being said, if a used pair comes up for $250....

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #986 of 9,597
Not to worry...Canada is still left out in the cold also...
and our "mighty" dollar is pegging them at $679.95....so then more time waiting for a possible price drop : (
For the Canadian winter you might need closed cans better than open though....

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #987 of 9,597
For the Canadian winter you might need closed cans better than open though....
Nah...just buy an Extra large one of these and put it over the headphones et all. Eh!
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.25.32 PM.png

or even better one of these but the soundstage is reduced. : (
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.28.06 PM.png

Nov 9, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #989 of 9,597
I am cool as ice....I need ear warmers(HD660S), winter is coming on this side of the Alps
I'm in Trentino, quite cold also on this side :D and I NEEEEED ear warmers TOOOO:gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back