1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Levanter, Oct 8, 2017.
First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last
  1. pietcux
    Btw, the video sounds nice on the HD660S......just saying!

Arniesb and trellus like this.
  2. pietcux
    WP_20171024_14_38_35_Pro.jpg
    This is the HD660S driver and baffle. WP_20171024_14_39_48_Pro.jpg
    Left is the 660S pad, right is the 650 pad a little worn already

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Raketen, Dino2000 and trellus like this.
  3. XERO1
    Me too. It's funny to think that the 'future of audio' is a headphone that's based on a 25 year old design.
    But if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just keep refining it! :thumbsup:

Arniesb likes this.
  4. Redcarmoose
    Hopefully I may partake in the headphone in about 12 days. Yes, who cares about marketing. Marketing is not much of anything, unless it's funny of course!

5. Pedro Oliveira
    Wich overall sound Warner? Fuller? More musical? The 650 or 660s? With the 660s you get much better sound straight of a smartphone than with the 650?

Wich hás deeper and Fuller bass?

6. Rob80b
    trellus likes this.
  7. pietcux
    Our ears are base on a rather old design too.
    I never listen out of my smartphone. The HD660S has the better bass, it goes deeper and is faster. Less distorted as we know from @jude 's measurements.

8. Mark Up
    Honestly, I am so effing tired of seeing him all over this place, every time I log in. Just picture of his stupid face, only one pic with in-ears. Otherwise he's not wearing any headphones. Hey everyone - buy our headphones - because - because - hey - look - an ugly guy all over your headphone group. Sennheiser paid money for these ads?

9. pietcux
    Just did the bend mod of the headband to reduce the clamping force. It has the same clamp as the HD650 that's for sure.

10. god-bluff
    Like the video myself :wink: I think it's quite cool, dark and arty. It's very European

11. LaCuffia
    So is the build quality essentially the same as the HD650? It seems to have a matte surface and looks much better overall.

12. pietcux
    Yes and yes.

13. Alcophone
    You said "I could not find a single flaw until now" which means you just found the first flaw. I think you wanted to say "I did not find a single flaw so far" - at least if you meant "ich habe bis jetzt noch keinen Fehler gefunden", despite "until now" being the literal translation of "bis jetzt".

14. pietcux
    Ich habe bis jetzt noch keinen Fehler gefunden is exactly what I wanted to say, still searching, but thanks.

15. Pedro Oliveira
    Could you please connect both to a phone? :p or a tiny cheaper AMP. I havê a fiio e12 and usually lile to avoid big AMPS/dacs. I like to feel free to move around.

By less distortion do you mean cleaner, less colored, less warm than the 650? That van be good for some ans bad FPR other. I dont mind a tilt of warmness myself. For example i like the sound signature of the momentums. A bit of warmneas bit still clear. Makes music more enjoyable. For me at least.

First

Back
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Next

Last