1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Levanter, Oct 8, 2017.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. AppleheadMay
    They are the same for 600 and 650, yes.
    Does anyone actually have proof the HD660S pads are different?

2. lost&confused
    I was thinking that but didn't want to say anything ...as he knows more about headphones than me :)

3. AppleheadMay
    Shipped, should be arriving Wednesday.

endgame likes this.
  4. amartignano
    Sorry if I ask, but can you say where you've ordered them, I'm not able to find a place that ships to Italy :frowning2:

5. pietcux
    I have both the HD650 and the HD660S. Yes the pads are different. The HD660S's pads are deeper. I measure 2.7 cm against 2.2 cm

trellus likes this.
  6. connieflyer
    How old are the pads on the 650's? They will compress with use. Also where did you order your 660's from?Am interested in these to go along with my 800's. Thank you

7. Sigmaaa
    Are the plastic earcups deeper? I'm asking because the earpads seem identical exterior size from the pictures. Maybe the drivers are placed farther from the ears. Also, beware of old pads, especially if you didn't de-clamped your pair and more than 6 months have passed. My first pads of the HD650 lasted me 6-7 months (they were flatter than a pankake), then I bent the metal headbands and the next ones looked the same for 2 years.

PS: Now that I've seen connieflyer's question (I was wrinting at the same time he was) and your answer, it seems that the earpads are the same depth, if you take the compression into account.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  8. pietcux
    The HD650 is 3 years old, the pads are compressed, I measured the least compressed area.
    The HD660S was bought directly from Sennheiser Home in Germany. Sennheiser.de
    Got it last Friday and love it.

9. pietcux
    My HD650 is bent since the beginning. It is my second pair. The rest of the can is identical parts. The changed the paint to no paint, they took the HD700 drivers and deeper pads with the same surface material. That's all.

10. connieflyer
    Thank you for the info, will try them.

11. pietcux
    @jude also found that the pads are deeper. He has some nearly unused HD650 on hand to compare. On top, I use 8 notches width on the 650 and 9 notches on the 660S.

trellus likes this.
  12. AppleheadMay
    Straight from Sennheiser but you can only order them if they are available in your country from their store as you can’t chnage the shipping country.
    Have you checked Sennheiser Italy yet? If not you would have to wait a bit or I can order them for you here and ship them to you if you want them fast.

Thanks for the info. 0.5 cm is quite a bit more indeed.

13. amartignano
    Thank you, Sennheiser It pitily does not exist, we have a distributor which is quite slow in updating on top cans.
    Thank you really for the very kind offer! but I will wait until available... It has to be available sooner or later :O

14. chimney189
    Sometimes looking for the product, researching the product and building up an excitement in oneself at the thought of having the product can be more rewarding than actually owning the product.

Deftone, trellus, Bern2 and 2 others like this.
  15. AppleheadMay
    I wouldn’t say more but it’s certainly part of enjoyment.
    I’d say you get a reward (using the product) for the hard work done (researching, contemplating purchase, finding a good shop, price or second hand one).
    j

BobG55 likes this.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last