1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Levanter, Oct 8, 2017.
First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last
  1. pietcux
    I will not be able to talk about Metal, do not listen to it at all. The material of the cans is unpainted black matte plastic. My HD650 is fully broken in with hundreds of hours playing time, the HD660S is brand new. Let's wait with too much talk about sound details. They are for sure much more efficient and herewith easier to drive than HD650.
    The foam feels harder, but still comfy. The material covering the foam is identical to the HD650.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. pietcux
    If Yello is considered as EMD, then yes the HD660S is suited to listen to EDM. But it is still no bass cannon.

3. Zojokkeli
    How are the mids compared to HD650s? I'm looking at complementary cans for my TH900s, and the HD660S and LCD-2C are on my list.

4. trybeingarun
    Does it sound good with a SS amp, or are you using a tube amp?

5. Pedro Oliveira
    Finally. If durability is the goal you got to go with unpainted plastic. :) but everything else is the same besides the grills right? Nothing was reinforced?

For me the momentum 2.0s over ear bass is more than enough so if it is any close to that it will for sure suffice me for trance and etc....

Tour hd650s are the old version or the newer with silver drivers?

In terms of resolution and overall quality is it easy to tell that the hd660s is a complete upgrade to the 650 even out of the box or the diference is not that noticeable?

Are they easy to drive? Sure a proper AMP will bring them to their full potential but can they still be enjoyable just connected to a phone?

6. Paulo Abreu
    Hi Pedro, missed this. No Zwame.
    I'm from Madeira Island, Portugal.

Btw, still can't find where to buy HD660S online from Portugal :triportsad:
    It seems almost all "Northern" europe can do it on Sennheiser online shop, but Portugal, Spain and a few others can't, so as usual and most probable, I'll get them from the UK. No problem with that, my daughter lives and works on the UK so that's a possibility if I still can't get it online,

Regards

7. pietcux
    I drive it from the SONY WM1A digital amp Walkman and yes it sounds supreme.

trybeingarun likes this.
  8. Paulo Abreu
    Hi, where did you got yours? Thanks

9. pietcux
    I got it from Sennheiser.de. I live in Germany though.

Paulo Abreu likes this.
  10. Pedro Oliveira
    You were able to get it with the discount Codes? I wanted to get them from amazon but it may take a while until they are available there....

Paulo, could it be that since you are on the islands you cant make the order?

11. Paulo Abreu
    No. Portugal is not listed in Country Selection.
    When you go to check-out the selected Country is blocked and you can´t change it. I sent a message and support forwarded the message to the Portugal distributor that told me they don't online sell for Portugal - so I'll have to wait for it to show on physical shops.

Edit: They are made in Germany and UK can buy it, we can't... LOL This is very unusual in these days where you can buy almost everything online and ship everywhere. No problem, I have more time to evaluate since I'm also very curious to read reviews on the new Focal Clear

12. Pedro Oliveira
    Shame on you senny for not giving a damn about Portugal..... Shame!!!!!

Amazon for me then.... Long wait awaits....

13. pietcux
    There is no promotion in Germany.

14. PhilW
    Wow, i'm thoroughly impressed by these. Love the look of them too. And now have slighly angled ear capsules too.

15. mrip541
    If I purchase a pair from the UK and have it shipped to the US, will Sennheiser US provide warranty service?

First

Back
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Next

Last