Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #5,388 of 46,499
cant actually remeber but i got them for £300 so at least £35 cheaper than amazons usual.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #5,390 of 46,499
well ill try and give my views when they arrive -
im going to let them run in for a good week with a mix of white/pink noise overnights and then as much use as i can during the day actually n my head with songs.
i have a very eclectic music taste so  love a little of most music styles.
currently mixing my beyers and my grados up between my e7/e9 and my offboard Xonar STX so i hope to be able to give some comparisons.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #5,391 of 46,499
Why didn't I gain by using Nuforce Icon HDP with 650 over by simply using the headphone jack on front of PC?

Before I got the HDP I used the headphone jack on the front of computer to listen to the HD 650. It sounds good and I am surprised that the PC can drive the HD 650. If it matters the PC is pretty decent, i7 950 CPU, 24GB RAM, Crucial Solid state drive and EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard with HD audio.

Today I received the HDP. So I connect it with optical to the back of the computer and plugged headphone to the HDP. I listened and do not feel I have gained sound quality of volume over without using the HDP.

Why?

The best I have is to plug the headphone to a 7 year old low end receiver which receiving signal from old Oppo 971 player. In this setup I had the best sound and volume.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #5,392 of 46,499
I don't know If I can participate in this thread anymore, I'm really digging the sound of my Q701's. 
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #5,395 of 46,499
i got my hd650 today!!

tbh, i am a bit disappointed, think it performed worse than my SRH840.

my setup is an audinst rig, ordered a bottlehead crack but haven't arrived yet.

the high is harsh, slightly ear piercing. (not sure if it is the right word)
and the instrument seperation is just disappointing. :frowning2:

should i left it for burning in for a while before ihear it again??

btw, how should i burn in? just plaing the msuic and leave the headphone alone??

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #5,397 of 46,499

Quote:
i got my hd650 today!!

tbh, i am a bit disappointed, think it performed worse than my SRH840.

my setup is an audinst rig, ordered a bottlehead crack but haven't arrived yet.

the high is harsh, slightly ear piercing. (not sure if it is the right word)
and the instrument seperation is just disappointing. :frowning2:

should i left it for burning in for a while before ihear it again??

btw, how should i burn in? just plaing the msuic and leave the headphone alone??

Uhh, I do pink and white noise for like an hour or two and let them break for 30 minutes. Sometimes I use music too. But harsh highs? That's something I've never heard of when talking about the HD650.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #5,398 of 46,499

Quote:

Uhh, I do pink and white noise for like an hour or two and let them break for 30 minutes. Sometimes I use music too. But harsh highs? That's something I've never heard of when talking about the HD650.

more like 'squeaky'??
i don't know how to describe it.
people say that they are laidback, dark, i just don't get any of those.
and the thing i am disappointed the most is the seperation of vocal and instruments. it is worse than my SRH840 by quite a bit.

anyway, do i just download the pink and white noise from the internet and play it?
normal volume??

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #5,399 of 46,499

Quote:
more like 'squeaky'??
i don't know how to describe it.
people say that they are laidback, dark, i just don't get any of those.
and the thing i am disappointed the most is the seperation of vocal and instruments. it is worse than my SRH840 by quite a bit.

anyway, do i just download the pink and white noise from the internet and play it?
normal volume??

You can type pink noise and google and there should be a website with brown, pink, white, and some other noise for a constant stream lol. I had a program that had an automated process where it kept it on for a set time and then off for a set time...don't know where it went though >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back