Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2008 at 6:51 AM Post #631 of 46,497
I got myself a pair - and I do believe I love it - I say 'believe' because I'm not sure yet. I do prefer it far more than my Ultrasones 750 Pro - they sound, somehow, diminutive compared to this pair.

And also, I believe I have the old version - albeit, used very little - I hope the burning in improves it far more. It came with Graham Slee Solo as well - lovely matching, I must say. Truly..

Now, if only the upper frequencies would improve just a bit - JUST a bit, this will be the perfect pair for me.

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #632 of 46,497
I have the HD650 with the Moon Audio Dragon BLUE V3
Great phones.
Great cable (much better than stock - worth the extra price - more bass heavy than the Silver one, more sutible for Metal,Rock,Rap and so on)

Great phones.

Just need some good amp - thinking of the Lisa III
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #634 of 46,497
I have my HD650 for a week now. What can i say? They are GREAT! And they becoming even better! And from moment i got them i forgot that i have DT880.
bigsmile_face.gif
Yes they are better in every way. Well they do not have detail of DT880 but i like "darker" sound and not so loud highs. I like them and it was worth to buy them. Now i must get some new tubes for Darkvoice.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #635 of 46,497
Had mine for 9 days now and with over 200 hrs' burn-in, and I'm really enjoying the HD650's performance more and more. Brilliant bass, not overpowewring but just right, and I really enjoy the 'rolled-off' highs - just can't stand shrill sounding headphones /IEMs/ speakers.

They definitely need burn-in time - wasn't all that impressed when tested right out of the box, but having read so much on the burn-in issue with the 650's, I've been patiently waiting day by day, and today I've been rewarded as I'm fully enjoying them with my iPod Classic 160GB & the RSA Mustang.

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #636 of 46,497
I too think I love my 650s.

Everything is strong, but not overpowering...at least with my musak.

edit - I burnt mine in for a good 1000 hours, but they were on my bonce during the day. Their box is perfect for burn-in.

Feb 7, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #637 of 46,497
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my HD650 for a week now. What can i say? They are GREAT! And they becoming even better! And from moment i got them i forgot that i have DT880.
bigsmile_face.gif
Yes they are better in every way. Well they do not have detail of DT880 but i like "darker" sound and not so loud highs. I like them and it was worth to buy them. Now i must get some new tubes for Darkvoice.
bigsmile_face.gif

Just sold my 336 darkvoice and have avaiable:
1) chatham 6080 WA
1) SYLVANIA 6SN7W

THIS COMBINATION REALLY MAKES IT SING, USING THE HD650'S

Should you be interesed, PM me

Feb 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM Post #638 of 46,497
I am another satisfied HD650 user. The balance is just right for me. The most important frequency range, the mids, is so full, detailed and present, that I want for nothing with these phones. I can listen with them for hours with no fatigue. They sound the same with any volume level; the sound does not change only the loudness. They are well built and comfortable on my head. I am done looking for phones.

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #639 of 46,497
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD-650 with Zu mobius v2, driven by LittleDot-III, kickass sound!

What tubes are you using with your HD650s + zu mobius v2?
Is the zu mobius a big improvement over stock cable with your setup?
I'm thinking of upgrading my setup but I'm not sure if I should buy an aftermarket HD650 cable or a new DAC.

Feb 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #640 of 46,497
I've had mine for a few weeks now and really enjoy them. Real amplification made a huge difference (built myself a minimax) and also, I find that it's much more important to have a good recording to let the cans show their potential than with my cheapy headphones.

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #641 of 46,497
After putting them on I knew these where here to stay 2 days....love em with my Asus STX headphone amp sound card.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #642 of 46,497
They arrived today.

The legendary comfort is bullsh*t. These clamp like mofos, nowhere close to the comfort of the AD900s.

They are definitely not slow, they are as fast as Sennheiser says they.

The compliment my AD900s well, being better in the lower mids and bass. They are keepers, I will start planning my recable job, Mogami Cable, Cardas Connectors, Furutech Plug and some nice sleeving. They will look like piece of art work in a few months
smily_headphones1.gif

Burning in right now, Pink Noise 1 min, White Noise 1 Min, Heavy Drums 1 min, Silence 1 Min, repeat.

DSCN06052.jpg

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #643 of 46,497
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The arrived today.

The legendary comfort is bullsh*t. These clamp like mofos

Well ,that will get better will time .

in b/w congrats
smily_headphones1.gif
and welcome to the HD650 club .
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #644 of 46,497
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbd2884 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The arrived today.

The legendary comfort is bullsh*t. These clamp like mofos, nowhere close to the comfort of the AD900s.

Well, FWIR it's hard to compete with the AD900s for comfort, but I found if you leave the HD650s clamped to something about the width of your head when not in use, they really lose most the clamping force and sit comfortably on your head. When I first got them I felt like it was going to crush my head, but now they're quite comfortable.

Mar 7, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #645 of 46,497
Could have sworn I made a reply here? I got it partly answered though. the 650 is darker sounding than the PRO 900 is it the same with the 600 or is it bright enough to be a bit brighter then the PRO 900? Maybe I should try some audio technicas or what do you say mbd? I don´t want AKG 701 level of brightness the middle road I do believe and primarily for classical, jazz, accoustical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back