Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
May 27, 2022 at 6:44 AM Post #44,986 of 46,497
Thanks! I like the feeling of velour (especially in summer) so maybe I'll try that first.
I checked it's actually suede, not velour.

May 28, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #44,988 of 46,497
I hear a lot of difference between the cables, especially in silver or litz copper I don't like them because they clean the sound but they also streamline it, the sound without the body.
I agree with you, but people freak out when you talk about cable differences around here. Tread lightly or prepare to be flamed …

May 28, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #44,991 of 46,497
I agree with you, but people freak out when you talk about cable differences around here. Tread lightly or prepare to be flamed …
It is a heated subject wherever you are.. 🤷‍♂️

The way I see it is that different cables using different materials will have different electrical properties. Because of that, they can also affect the signal in different ways, and therefore I acknowledge that they may also sound different, maybe more, maybe less, even though my ears and my brain might not be able to detect it.

At the end of the day, the most important thing is to remember to listen to the music, and whatever makes that more enjoyable is great, whatever it is :)

May 28, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #44,992 of 46,497
It is a heated subject wherever you are.. 🤷‍♂️

The way I see it is that different cables using different materials will have different electrical properties. Because of that, they can also affect the signal in different ways, and therefore I acknowledge that they may also sound different, maybe more, maybe less, even though my ears and my brain might not be able to detect it.

At the end of the day, the most important thing is to remember to listen to the music, and whatever makes that more enjoyable is great, whatever it is :)
Silver has more conductivity, you can't even sound match it because it will be louder than your Copper line. Your hearing difference is less impedance, FYI.

May 28, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #44,994 of 46,497
how can you not hear differences?
I find that the response to cables is binary: Some people are totally into cables and are amazed by how much difference they make to the sound. Others can't hear the difference and don't care. I'm in the latter group, which saves me lots of money.

May 28, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #44,996 of 46,497
Copper?…silver?…palladium?…most conductive? None. A discussion of cables is most conductive: likely to generate a reaction 😳🤷🏻‍♂️.

May 30, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #45,000 of 46,497
One more wrinkle with HD6XX / HD600 - both modded with rear foam removal, inner foam replacement, cnc-backweight installation. I prefer HD6XX with silver headphone cable; HD600, with copper/silver interweave headphone cable.
3E2789D9-08C3-40AB-9853-55D52E12F163.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back